Where The ^^^^^k Are My Re-animator Figures?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, you guys are no help as usual...

i totally found the pics, though.
sotawest1.jpg

sotawest2.jpg

sotawest3.jpg

it was SOTA.
which makes sense because they had the Lovecraft license.
as far as i can tell this was canceled. time for Sideshow to pony up.
________
RHODE ISLAND DISPENSARY

Last edited:
I don't believe you need the license for the figure. It should be in the public domain. I don't think SOTA had any license, per se, they were just the only ones doing Lovecraft stuff. In comics Dynamite did that "Army of Darkness" crossover and the obvious implication was that it was a crossover between two cult 80's horror characters but in reality Dynamite didn't get any of the film rights, they just took advantage of "Herbert West: Reanimator"'s status as a PD property.

If you look at that figure it doesn't really have Comb's likeness. It's clearly Combs-esque but not enough where you'd have to pay him. I remember this figure was announced when SOTA was just starting to fall apart but I don't think there was anything stopping it from ever being made, except for a possible lack of interest. It's a cult favorite but there's no denying that it's still pretty obscure compared to other horror properties you'll find in a Spencer's or Hot Topic.

Jerry Macaluso is no longer with SOTA and he doesn't quite have the resources he had behind him in terms of action figure production as he did back then but he's said he still wants to do the figure and may try to get a "Bride of Re-Animator" 2-pack out, and that would actually require movie rights, which I think would be a good thing because as far as I'm concerned Combs is West.

seriously!

wasn't somebody making a Herbert West figure a while ago?
i remember seeing prototypes... NECA maybe?
are they going to pretend that the Re-Animator series isn't awesome anymore?

i need answers!

The series is NOT awesome. The first movie was. A Herbie West figure would have all of the excitement of a tub of popcorn without butter.

The second one kicks ass too, it's right up there with the original.

The third one is almost unwatchable though.

I don't believe you need the license for the figure. It should be in the public domain. I don't think SOTA had any license, per se, they were just the only ones doing Lovecraft stuff. In comics Dynamite did that "Army of Darkness" crossover and the obvious implication was that it was a crossover between two cult 80's horror characters but in reality Dynamite didn't get any of the film rights, they just took advantage of "Herbert West: Reanimator"'s status as a PD property.

If you look at that figure it doesn't really have Comb's likeness. It's clearly Combs-esque but not enough where you'd have to pay him. I remember this figure was announced when SOTA was just starting to fall apart but I don't think there was anything stopping it from ever being made, except for a possible lack of interest. It's a cult favorite but there's no denying that it's still pretty obscure compared to other horror properties you'll find in a Spencer's or Hot Topic.

Jerry Macaluso is no longer with SOTA and he doesn't quite have the resources he had behind him in terms of action figure production as he did back then but he's said he still wants to do the figure and may try to get a "Bride of Re-Animator" 2-pack out, and that would actually require movie rights, which I think would be a good thing because as far as I'm concerned Combs is West.

I did have the movie rights when I owned SOTA. The director/producer Brian Yuzna, is a good friend of mine.

The likeness in those photos is way off...we rushed it to get something for SDCC but it was always intended to be improved/reworked.

Boring or not Herbert West is one of the few 'grails' for horror collectors and it would sell very well.

I know after I sold SOTA they had lots of problems with Combs not being easy to work with and the figure got put on hold. I may revisit it myself one day if NECA doesnt do it.

I did have the movie rights when I owned SOTA. The director/producer Brian Yuzna, is a good friend of mine.

The likeness in those photos is way off...we rushed it to get something for SDCC but it was always intended to be improved/reworked.

Boring or not Herbert West is one of the few 'grails' for horror collectors and it would sell very well.

I know after I sold SOTA they had lots of problems with Combs not being easy to work with and the figure got put on hold. I may revisit it myself one day if NECA doesnt do it.
well, i didn't expect to hear it from the horse's mouth, but it's still a bummer to see that this is still far from happening.

and what's this about "Combs not being easy to work with"? what went down with that?

also, if you guys have any extra Lovecraft figures you made lying around, how about selling some to me?
had to ask.
________
CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

Last edited:
wish i knew Brian Yuzna...

i still can't believe McFarlane made a friggin' Wishmaster figure but never got around to Re-Animator. Wishmaster? really?
i'm convinced they picked MM series at random from a hat and threw them out on the market.
________
Roor Bongs

Last edited:
Yep, West got the ax. as did Leprechaun and the new Killer Klown.
SOTA is circling the toilet......

I'd rather have Leprechaun and Killer KLown figures than figures froma video game that peaked in popularity when I was in Junior High.

Back