When will we see Force Awakens PFs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like the process of spending years studying sculpting, painting, and tailoring to make my own would yield quicker results than sideshow.

This really cracked me up! I actually laughed out loud. Funny because it's likely true!

If they're really smart they'll put something up for pre-order in the newsletter ON the 17th, the day the film begins playing in theatres.

If they're really smart they'll put something up for pre-order in the newsletter ON the 17th, the day the film begins playing in theatres.

Honestly that's what I'm expecting. I think the drought in Star Wars PFs has more to do with them gearing up for cashing in on TFA. Wouldn't surprise me if they have 2-3 TFA releases lined up for next year.

SSAlex says they are trying to get something approved by LucasFilm to have up on the 17th and f it doesn't get approved, it will be "sometime" after the 17th.

While I can appreciate that they need approval and that these things don't always go as planned, would it really have been that hard to make 100% sure to have the approved product ready by the time the movie comes out??? By that, I mean they should have sent the prototype with ample time for any approvals that are required. They have known the release date for a year now. Seriously, it's getting to be ridiculous...

Last edited:
SasAlex says they are trying to get something approved by LucasFilm to have up on the 17th and f it doesn't get approved, it will be "sometime" after the 17th.

While I can appreciate that they need approval and that these things don't always go as planned, would it really have been that hard to make 100% sure to have the approved product ready by the time the movie comes out??? By that, I mean they should have sent the prototype with ample time for any approvals that are required. They have known the release date for a year now. Seriously, it's getting to be ridiculous...

I'm guessing the design is approved or it wouldn't have made it past concept... But yeah, the fact that they are asking weeks before the release is kind of bizarre. If I was Sideshow, this would be an event. I'd be showing the coming soon videos release day/ through out the weekend. With preorders coming the week after release. Maybe show like 4 total to come out over the 2016 year.

Kylo, Rey, Finn, Phasma

I've heard stories of Lucasfilm wanting to approve everything at all production steps

5hT5whUh3iyH4n9PLCkzVs3dQsFICGuxc0Q55sSjOPwtfJ9SPlU9eIJJwvgH99210ahG6BXEoD-43jo4_Ig4Ajo=s240

well Chaber .. today is your best bet to get a SW PF preview for next weeks pre order when TFA hits the theaters ..... lets see if SSC drops the ball again..

well Chaber .. today is your best bet to get a SW PF preview for next weeks pre order when TFA hits the theaters ..... lets see if SSC drops the ball again..

After SSAlex's response on the other forum, I am really not expecting anything Star Wars PF related this year TBH. Doesn't sound like anything is ready yet and that they are basically just crossing their fingers that it will be soon.

I just find it amazing that with a week until TFA hits theaters, we're still talking about whether or not we'll get a sneak or pre-order and not about a new product announcement. Talk about killing the hype, something SS does all too well... I guess I'm still bitter about the whole Hobbit debacle ;)

Regardless of any approvals that were required, they should have had this done and dusted by now with 2 or 3 previews. Oh well, at least we know FOR SURE that we'll be getting a Royal Guard in 1/4!

Why would they have a preview? Is there a lot of hype around Star Wars right now or something? :slap

Heck, I think Cover Girl has introduced a line of "Star Wars" make-up and we haven't seen a PF announcement... Repeats :slap

well sideshow did it again.. instead of bringing something NEW .. like.. something from the NEW movie.. or at least something NEW .. they bringing back the Droids PF ...

Newsletter aint out yet .. but looks like this is what you get for your TFA opening week...

LOL .. I take it back.. newsletter shows NOTHING for Star wars in the 1/4 section....

Last edited:
well sideshow did it again.. instead of bringing something NEW .. like.. something from the NEW movie.. or at least something NEW .. they bringing back the Droids PF ...

Newsletter aint out yet .. but looks like this is what you get for your TFA opening week...

LOL .. I take it back.. newsletter shows NOTHING for Star wars in the 1/4 section....

Great job, SS! Your reverse marketing is working! The less I see, the more hyped I get!

no news on TFA pfs? oh man.. i was really hoping for a Kylo ren, stormtrooper and Captain Phasma. I know these are coming, but please SS no more delays on this one.. it's time to reveal it!

They may be waiting to see how the 1/6 lineup goes over, before rolling out the PFs.

I can't imagine either doing poorly.

Based on what SSAlex said, if something IS ready next week they'll probably put it straight up for pre-order on Thursday. I wasn't expecting a preview.

Back