When will we see Force Awakens PFs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS has officially lost the plot. This is downright pathetic. Absolutely nothing new for TFA.

I'm not wrong. Screenshot (33).jpg

Movie licenses are wasted on Sideshow. The first Star Wars PFs are utter crap, they were bad ten years ago and aged even worse, of course they never dared to re-do the most important character with decent head sculpts, decent poses and decent fabric, too difficult I guess. Much better re-release pieces that have already been done in huge quantities.
TFA comes out in a few days and they have absolutely nothing. Whatever they make from the movie is coming out in 2017, probably when the sequel will already be in theatres, exactly like with Marvel movie characters. To boot, the McQuarrie line has ridicolous pricings.
It makes me bitter to see the umpteenth license literally thrown in the trash.

Movie licenses are wasted on Sideshow. The first Star Wars PFs are utter crap, they were bad ten years ago and aged even worse, of course they never dared to re-do the most important character with decent head sculpts, decent poses and decent fabric, too difficult I guess. Much better re-release pieces that have already been done in huge quantities.
TFA comes out in a few days and they have absolutely nothing. Whatever they make from the movie is coming out in 2017, probably when the sequel will already be in theatres, exactly like with Marvel movie characters. To boot, the McQuarrie line has ridicolous pricings.

While I can't disagree with the recent criticism of Sideshow's marketing and decision making process, I certainly don't think the first Star Wars PFs were crap. Grevious, Maul, Scout and Speeder Bike were all pretty phenomenal pieces. There were some misses, but I think those early statues stand up pretty well today.

Same with Gentle Giant, only a FO Stormtrooper Mini Bust for 120$ (european 150€=160$) :cuckoo:

It`s ironic that Disney already released a (superlimited) Disney Store exclusive Kylo Ren Figurine some months ago..

This could be the rarest TFA item? :dunno

While I can't disagree with the recent criticism of Sideshow's marketing and decision making process, I certainly don't think the first Star Wars PFs were crap. Grevious, Maul, Scout and Speeder Bike were all pretty phenomenal pieces. There were some misses, but I think those early statues stand up pretty well today.

The ones you mentioned are very good but they're not the very first - I'm talking of the various Lukes, Leias, Obi and, most of all, Han. Likenesses are all screwed up, poses are boring, mixed media didn't age well. I'm just bitter that in 2016 we have yet to see a good high end statue of Han Solo, mostly.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist or anything, but are we even certain SS has the 1/4 license for the new films? They've never actually said which products from TFA they will (eventually) be making and with XM in the 1/4 game now, how do we know?

If they don't manage to get something up on Thursday I'm going to **** a brick.

well yes you are, they didn't say buy our TFA stuff they said shop with us and they have TFA items.

Obviously that's what they meant. It was a joke. I meant I'm not wrong about them not releasing ANYTHING related to the new movie.

Back