When ants attack!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tuggernaut

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, so I've never had an andt/termite/cockroaches issue before, but found something horrible tonight.
Ok, I was in my bedroom, and I picked up my soda, and I found all these ants all over it. And I was just like... "What the ^^^^?"
So I checked under my bed, only to find an army of ants crawling all over the place! :horror
So right away, I got the bug spray, and killed the mofos. But! there were still heaps in my room. All over the windoes, in my cupboard, some on the walls... ugh.
THen I explore the rest of the house, and well ^^^^ me, I see a big-ass rip in the carpet near my pool table, next to a couple of steps, with ants all over the ^^^^in place. So I taped that up, super glued it, and taped it up some more.
Thankfully, that was it. I guess thats what I get for leaving empty cans of coca-cola and other sodas in my room. And, there were none in my collection room. Phew.
There were a few in the kitchen... but they all dead.

So now, I dunno, I guess I'll call an exterminator, unless I can just suck them up with a vacuum cleaner.
I'm pretty sure most of them are dead, but I'll do a full search of the house with my friends.

But seriously, when I first saw them under my bed, I was surprised I didn't notice them before? :confused:
^^^^ing sneaky bastards.

:horror At least they weren't big a@@ cockroaches!

Yeah, thank god. If they were, I think vomited all over the place.
PICS!:D.......................

Oh god no. :sick I hate bugs. They make me sick. I admit... I screamed like a ^^^^^ and closed my eyes when I sprayed them.
I called my dad now so he can help me clean up this ^^^^.

Buy this crystal powder stuff called something like "Andro" at Lowes. Sprinkle it around your house outside. Ants eat it, take it to nest, and it kills the little buggers. Works good.

At least they weren't Fireants. I've been bit by those things too many times, and those bites hurt.

Buy this crystal powder stuff called something like "Andro" at Lowes. Sprinkle it around your house outside. Ants eat it, take it to nest, and it kills the little buggers. Works good.

At least they weren't Fireants. I've been bit by those things too many times, and those bites hurt.

Ok, thanks for the tip.
I just found some more of them near the bathroom. All over the floor!
I don't know if they're coming from multiple places or what. They weren't there last night!

:horror At least they weren't big a@@ cockroaches!

mimic01.jpg

Just have a good clean up bro and if they still seem to be turning up in a
few days just call the exterminators, or buy that do it your self stuff from the supermarket.

Ants can be a menace. It's best to keep a clean household. Once they get a whiff of sugary goodness they can be hard to eradicate. They leave a chemical trail for their mates to follow, so spraying the ones you see wont cure your problem. Any space becomes an open invitation, so if they want to get in they will. Propriety products, like Ant-Rid work well. They attract ants and when they come into contact with it they spread it to their friends, being social creatures, and as has been stated, take it back to their nests killing them at their source. When using that stuff you need to keep using it, to knock them down over a time period. Wipe benches and surfaces to try to wipe out their chemical trail. Talcum powder works as a barrier, they don't like it, maybe it disturbs their chemical trail, so use it where you can. Good luck.

I hate ants...they freak me out. Both of my boss' homes have ant problems during certain times of the year.....It seems when the weather gets cold (below 32) up here the ants all decide to move into the house to look for food. It's freaky as hell when you see hundreds of them all in one spot. She's gone the extermination route...keeps a tidy house.....they still come back. Her mom's house is even worse. You drop one speck of food on the floor and within minutes it will be covered with ants. They just come out of everywhere....probably live under the floorboards or in the walls....who knows. Good luck.

Ok, so I've never had an andt/termite/cockroaches issue before, but found something horrible tonight.
Ok, I was in my bedroom, and I picked up my soda, and I found all these ants all over it. And I was just like... "What the ^^^^?"
So I checked under my bed, only to find an army of ants crawling all over the place! :horror
So right away, I got the bug spray, and killed the mofos. But! there were still heaps in my room. All over the windoes, in my cupboard, some on the walls... ugh.
THen I explore the rest of the house, and well ^^^^ me, I see a big-ass rip in the carpet near my pool table, next to a couple of steps, with ants all over the ^^^^in place. So I taped that up, super glued it, and taped it up some more.
Thankfully, that was it. I guess thats what I get for leaving empty cans of coca-cola and other sodas in my room. And, there were none in my collection room. Phew.
There were a few in the kitchen... but they all dead.

So now, I dunno, I guess I'll call an exterminator, unless I can just suck them up with a vacuum cleaner.
I'm pretty sure most of them are dead, but I'll do a full search of the house with my friends.

But seriously, when I first saw them under my bed, I was surprised I didn't notice them before? :confused:
^^^^ing sneaky bastards.

Years ago when I was in bed I felt something on me and turned on the light to find ants in my bed. Not the small ones, but the big ones that you'd really feel it if they bit. Anyway, I tracked them down and found that they nested in my curtain rod! Since it was winter I took it down and stuck the whole thing in the snow. The next morning I went out and knocked the dead ones out and I swear there were hundreds in the rod. I didn't take any chances and bought a new rod and stuck some moth balls in it before putting it up.

I just want to say that taping up the hole isn't going to get rid of them. They can chew through carpet. The best stuff I found for inside bugs of any kind is Hot Shot spray.

You might try powdering your carpet with flea carpet powder. Letting it set, then sweeping it up. You might need a bug bomb as well. Good luck!

Thanks for all the advice everyone!
I just did a full house check, and there doesn't seem to be as many as there were last night. But there are still heaps of dead ants in some places.
Later today, I'll go out and buy all the stuff you guys have recommended, and blow those suckers back to depths of which they came.

Once again, thanks for all of your help.

I like to use a poison called Terro (or is it terra, one or the other). It is a syrup much like corn syrup, but thicker. And all the ants that I have slaughtered with it absolutely can not leave it alone. They love it! About 10-20 drops within about an inch of their trail and the next morning, all you see is dead ants.

I love that stuff for killing ants.

I like to use a poison called Terro (or is it terra, one or the other). It is a syrup much like corn syrup, but thicker. And all the ants that I have slaughtered with it absolutely can not leave it alone. They love it! About 10-20 drops within about an inch of their trail and the next morning, all you see is dead ants.

I never heard of this. Where can you buy it? Hardware store?

Interesting. I'll have to ask around later when I go out.

I had a similar situation. I left a burrito on the floor near my bed, went I bent down to get it was gone. I checked under my bed and to surprise and horror there was a family of Puerto Ricans living under my bed :horror

True story :lecture

Back