Whats your favorite Hot Toys 1/6, and why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indiana Jones.

What too obvious with my sarcasm, at least we'd believe someone might actually like Drago... no one would believe someone would actually like Jones ;)

Don't have a favorite yet. Might happen when they make the Man of Steel figures though. But if I had to choose then I'd have to go with DX Jack Sparrow

Out of my rather sizeable collection now, I would have to undoubtedly place Jack Sparrow at the top of my list. There are only 2 things I would change about him. I would have included a P for pirate brand on his wrist, and his signature Sparrow tattoo with his other tattoos for him to be perfect. I'm an extremely harsh critic, but he still merits about a 9.6 from me. I think I've only given more than 9 points to 2 other figures lol.

I've been collecting for almost 5 years.'

I usually find that this answer is usually one of 2 answers.

Either its the first figure you got, because thats the one that pulled you into the hobby. Or its that one figured you missed out on, and had to chase it down and buy it at a reasonable or unbelievable 2nd market price. Cause if your willing to shell out that much money for it, you know in you love it to a high degree.

For me it would have been my first HT figure, the Rambo III, but Enterbay's new 1/4 scale kinda blew that outta the water. So it is the latter.

The HT Predator 2 Elder. At first, it was my intention to only get ONE predator, the one from the first movie (and anyone who owns any of them know thats not possible). Since the Predators were only getting better and better, i decided to wait it off cause eventually when the got to P1, it would at least if not be better then it right?. Then Wolf came along, then the P1 pics came out and they werent really good. I had to track Elder and luckily got it for double the original price. 8 Predators and 4 years later, its still my favorite Predator and figure overall.

Nice, and your right. I got drawn in by a lucky craigs list add I came across and thats what got me hooked. I bought all three for just $250 S.T.A.R.S. Chris Redfield and Albert Wesker and Kamui. Now alot of money later I have a decent collection and still growing well.

I have a bunch of 1/6 figures and I love every single one of them, but this guy hasn't been put back in the box (not that I could since I had to assemble him) since I got him. He wasn't my first HT and he's not even from my favorite film, but he is badass.
Elder Pred2
2h7kvv5.jpg

Nice, and your right. I got drawn in by a lucky craigs list add I came across and thats what got me hooked. I bought all three for just $250 S.T.A.R.S. Chris Redfield and Albert Wesker and Kamui. Now alot of money later I have a decent collection and still growing well.

Don't be afraid to ask about others' favorites. That's how you find out more about the hobby. I remember when I first joined... I PM'd/pestered Evilface into giving me a top 5 list... then a 6-10 list of his collection lol. Poor guy couldn't even remember what he already picked for his top 5 when I was asking about 6-10!

Feel free to ask about specific figures you're considering. If I have them, I'll give you my unbiased opinion. I try not to factor my personal preference of the movie, game, etc. into it. Just how nice the figure is.

As stated... my number 1 is still Jack Sparrow with a 9.6. Excellent outfit with everything I can possibly think it should have. So much detail amongst every layer. Not one, but two perfect sculpts with an immaculate incorporation of the PERS system. The sculpted hair even falls perfectly regardless of how many layers of clothing. It comes loaded with accessories and an excellent/interesting diorama piece. And I don't really care about packaging as much as others seem to, but it's even packaged well.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I have alot of figures preordered and acouple vehicles as well. Really ready for the 89 Ride for my 89 bat.

I'm still considering the 89 Batmobile myself. I personally gave the 89' Joker a 8.7 and the 89' Batman a 8.5

The Joker was one of those jaw droppers, but it still could have been so much more. For me, a figure that gets a 9.0+ is definitive and needs nothing else. '89 Joker has an excellent sculpt with amazing paintwork and superb PERS incorporation... but it really needs an alternate head to truly be perfect. I enjoyed the museum scene in the movie, and I feel this figure is lacking a beret and a "painted" headsculpt with the flesh makeup look. It really could have also used more hands for even more variety.

89' Batman gets a 8.5 from me since it seems lacking in the expression department. I can understand not giving him a Michael Keaton head due to movie authenticity, but only 3 mouth sculpts is not enough for a character that conveys so much emotion with just the mouth. On top of that, I think they messed up one of the mouth sculpts from the prototype as it clearly looks like it juts out too much, ruining the realism. (Big plus for the bloody version as it was done extremely well) I also find the articulation could have been greatly improved with stiffer elbow/shoulder joints that can resist the bodysuit's inclination to pull on the limbs and cause drooping. More hands would have also greatly aided this figure. And for a figure such as '89 Batman... it really does need an additional stand where it can grip it around the waist for posing those swooping scenes.

Last edited:
I have both, the 89' Joker and Bat as well as the Batman Begins Bruce Wayne TOY FAIRS and Bank rober Joker. I have 2.0 Joker on pre. I wasn't gonna shell out that much for the 89 batmobile but I think its gonna look to good once I put it on the shelf in my movie room to pass up

Well like it's been mentioned my favorite figure is still the first one/two I ever got, a toss up between the original Predator and the Alien warrior, both are iconic characters and at the time they were so far ahead of anything else on the market in quality and detail I was stuned, nothing since has quite mached up.

On a side note we should maybe also start a "figure I least like" or "Figure I was most disapointed with" thread aswell.

Back