Whats your favorite Hot Toys 1/6, and why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite is obvious! As to why.... Because he's the:

HULK

CATWOMAN%2520PT%25202%2520024.JPG

HULK%2520167.JPG

HULK%2520269.JPG

HULK%2520272.JPG

HULK%2520358.JPG

HULK%2520304.JPG

HULK%2520336.JPG

CATWOMAN%2520PT%25202%2520021.JPG

HULK%2520117.JPG

HULK%2520187.JPG

FULL GALLERY:

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/HULK

Of the ones I own: Loki and the DX Jack Sparrow.

I think Captain Jack is one of the best figures HT has done - from the figure itself to the fantastic display base it comes with. It captures the character perfectly.

Loki for the detailing on the costume and overall look of the figure. He's my favorite of my Avengers.

Dx06 jack sparrow looks insane, i love it. Also dx12 batman and dx04 bruce lee are right up there for me

dm7kujz.jpg

Bad *** character, very distinctive looking, major shelf presence, pretty accurate to the source material, multiple posing options, from one of the best movies ever.

But I agree that Sparrow is one of the best figures HT has made, if not the best. Just not one of my favorites since the movies kind of suck and the character, though good, doesn't do all that much for me.

dm7kujz.jpg

Bad *** character, very distinctive looking, major shelf presence, pretty accurate to the source material, multiple posing options, from one of the best movies ever.

But I agree that Sparrow is one of the best figures HT has made, if not the best. Just not one of my favorites since the movies kind of suck and the character, though good, doesn't do all that much for me.

You are right bro! I didnt watch potc until I got the jack sparrow figure, the first film I thought was ok, but the ones from then ok pretty suck...disappointing film.... Just liking the figure and he accessories that came along with it. :clap

Toss up between Jack Sparrow: solid portraits, great expressions, costuming top-notch, good accessories options and great base. Loads of character and shelf presence.

...or

MMS117 T2 Arnie: first really 'high end' figure I owned, huge nostalgia value re: source material, good costume, range of good accessories, portrait isn't perfect but is solid.

I'm all about mood when it comes to a favorite.
I finally got The Terminator T1 Arnie last week, and its just brilliant.
I still love my first HT, Indy tho.
However, if I were to only ever own one, I think it would be Keaton Bats.

Toss up between Jack Sparrow: solid portraits, great expressions, costuming top-notch, good accessories options and great base. Loads of character and shelf presence.

...or

MMS117 T2 Arnie: first really 'high end' figure I owned, huge nostalgia value re: source material, good costume, range of good accessories, portrait isn't perfect but is solid.
Agreed. :)

That's the problem - they're all my fave!! :gah: :lol

Mine has be the 89 Batman, brings me back to seeing that movie in the theatre when I was 8 years old. I'm amazed with the figure every time I look at it.

Strangely it would be the original predator mostly because it was my first Hot Toys figure and it just surpassed anything that was on the market in every way even now I think it holds it's own although the new predator bodys are better in a lot of ways they can't seem to manage some of the deeper poses of the original.

Iron Men are the most toyish and simplistic looking of Hot Toys entire output. They don't show the best of their talents, which is why its hilarious that they make up the largest portion of what they sell now.

It used to be Jack Sparrow, but now it's the Joker 2.0. I had the Joker with his coats off sat in the chair with Batman behind him since he arrived but last weekend I dressed him up again and put him in a walking pose with the knife.

Sometimes re-posing a figure can make such a difference that it's almost like getting a new figure. He looks amazing and this one where PERS really helped pull it off as he looks proper menacing with his eyes to the side.

Iron Men are the most toyish and simplistic looking of Hot Toys entire output. They don't show the best of their talents, which is why its hilarious that they make up the largest portion of what they sell now.

I agree about the talent side. Their other MMS and DX figures are superb.

In Asia, Iron Man is simply huge. HT know there prime market are giving them exactly what they want. Each Iron Man release vanishes as soon it's issued and I think the only one which I have seen gathering any dust in the shops, is the MK2 (silver one). So I believe that Iron Man ( any version) is Asia's favorite HT release. I only ever bought the MK1, which I must admit to liking a lot.
I think I said earlier tho, that my favorite figure is Keaton Batman.

Back