Whats your favorite Hot Toys 1/6, and why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lazy Saturday afternoon after a brutal work week, been sifting through old forum posts over coffee. Raising this thread from the dead for the hell of it. Necromantic style.

[...]
There cannot be a comparison between Vader, one of the most iconic villains of all times, and Iron Man, no matter how cool looking the latter might be.

That almost goes without saying. I was into Spider-Man and Batman as a kid; for me personally I knew Iron Man existed but he wasn't exactly a cultural icon. The MCU Iron Man looks very cool, and I own the Mark IV ... but only because Robert Downey Jr. brought the character to life. In a sense I have a Hot Toys RDJ, not a Hot Toys Iron Man.

[...]
I'm not even the biggest Iron Man collector (by a very long stretch--I just want one in my collection to pose with my other Marvel guys), but I can see the value, and HT clearly brings a lot of care and attention to those figures in the design department. Just look at this:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I love my Mark IV, but I suggest that complexity does not equal greatness, necessarily. The Iron Man armour construction by HT is technically impressive but doesn't factor into the less quantifiable aspects of what makes a figure great.

Iron Man is a fad, when the movies end he's back to B-lister.

If he was a legend or icon he'd have been consistently at the top of popularity for decades, like Spidey, Batman ect... But he hasn't been, he's only been at the top for five years.[...]

If it weren't for RDJ, I may not have given Iron Man a second look.

(Stops and surveys the tumbleweeds blowing through this nearly two year old thread. Goes back to drinking coffee.)

HT Stormtrooper - great quality, and from the distance between my detolf and desk, it looks like a shrunk down man in a costume to me which is what I want from a high-end 1/6 scale figure.

:goodpost:
There cannot be a comparison between Vader, one of the most iconic villains of all times, and Iron Man, no matter how cool looking the latter might be.
cannot they be compared by being equally dull?

Back