What's the Worst Comic Book-Based Movie of All Time?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Worst Comic-Book Based Movie of All TIme?

• Batman and Robin

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • Catwoman

Votes: 40 29.0%
  • Daredevil

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Elektra

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Steel

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Fantastic Four

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • The Spirit

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • The League fo Extraordinary Gentlemen

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Ghost Rider

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Other (specify in post)

Votes: 11 8.0%

• Total voters
Actually, "emo" as a musical term was around since the 80s, associated with the hardcore punk scene. However, you are correct that "emo" as a pop-culture and fashion reference wasn't even around when the film came out. Currently hardly anyone uses the term emo for anything other than the pop-culture fad concerning skinny jeans, long bangs, and the perception of sensitivity, depression, and social angst.

As for the Crow, anyone who read the comics knows it is clearly gothic and in no way represents past or present "emo," no matter how many emo kids today proudly wear their Crow shirts from Hot Topic.
semantics.
And yes, it was an AWESOME comic and film.
i owned and read the original comics in the 80s and the movie was nothing like them.
it was just another lousy comic book movie. still is.

Theres some bad stuff on that list. There are a lot of bad movies left off too; some of them are mentioned in this thread.

But Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neil's THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN is as brilliant and complex and, to me, even better than WATCHMEN. For me the film is a complete abomination.

Theres no understanding of the book and the film has no style of its own to make up for it. Anyone who's seen this movie that hasn't read the book has about the approximation of a TV Guide summary as to how good the comic book is. The changes and things that were added to it are ridiculous. The general public's perception was that it was just plain stupid.

There are a ton of other comic book movies that are this bad or even worse, but to me this is truly painful; the WORST comic book movie ever.

I vote other...no matter how ^^^^in bad CatWoman. Electra and that ^^^^ Schumacher's Batman was...Punisher WarZone was worse..I rather have Diesel and Travolta in my movies...^^^^! Even that crap fest with Dolph Lundgren was a better punisher

Didn't see Catwoman, but was forced to sit through Ghost Rider, so it gets my vote... ugh.

OMG is right!!! I LOVE your siggy!!! Oh yeah.....Catwoman was 100 times worse! :lol

2331260844_9b2565ccd9.jpg

Surprised Batman & Robin have that many votes. Thought it was bad, but not the worst from the list.

Surprised Batman & Robin have that many votes. Thought it was bad, but not the worst from the list.
I voted for it. I'm sure it's not the worst on the list, but I've only seen that, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and I thought it was the worst of those (that I can remember, I saw League too long ago).

Worst Comic Book Film of All Time Rankings so far:

10. Fantastic Four

9./8. Daredevil/Elektra

7. The Spirit

6. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

5. Ghost Rider

4. Other

3. Steel

2. Batman and Robin

1. Catwoman

I did not see The Spirit due to bad reviews but The League, Catwoman and Steel are the only movies on the list I could not watch completely. I guess that makes them a bad flix.

Spiderman 3 is not on the list? I kid, kind of. For me it's not the worst, but it's the biggest disappointment, given how much I loved the first two. Of the list, I would say Batman and Robin. I can watch some of it to hear Arnold's horrible one-liners, but that wears off quick. I still can't believe the same guy who made The Lost Boys and Falling Down made two of the worst comic book films of all time.

Back