What's the Worst Comic Book-Based Movie of All Time?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Worst Comic-Book Based Movie of All TIme?

• Batman and Robin

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • Catwoman

Votes: 40 29.0%
  • Daredevil

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Elektra

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Steel

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Fantastic Four

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • The Spirit

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • The League fo Extraordinary Gentlemen

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Ghost Rider

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Other (specify in post)

Votes: 11 8.0%

• Total voters
it was cheesy-emo and trite. the sequels are even worse.
:lol:lol Emo?
Please!!
We're talking about the original, not the stupid sequels...

so what? even if that were true, this topic isn't about "first/most influential comic book movies". just the bad ones.
Burton's movies are every bit as obnoxious and hollow as Schumacher's. he just did it first.
Burton's Batman > Schumacher's Batman

1FAIL.jpg

You know, as bad as B&R and Catwoman both were, I agree that they've got a certain "train wreck" quality to them that makes them worth watching at least once. Kinda like Plan 9 From Outer Space.

But for sheer crappiness, I'd have to go with Elektra. I was even willing to give that movie the benefit of the doubt when I started watching it on the movie channel, but the benefits ran out about 10 minutes in.

I know some people enjoyed it, but I also had major problems with Wanted. A precognitive loom? WTF??? :duh

Spiderman 3 should have been there instead of Daredevil

Damn the 10 poll option limit! If I could I would have added Spiderman 3. The results thus far are what I thought, and every choice had at least 2 votes. There are some surprising other options though (The Crow? Wow.)

As for Daredevil...no :D

I'm not asure if this has been posted yet (i didn't read every post) but for me the worst has to be Nick Fury with the Hofster......man that movie is bad, a close second is Supergirl.

Batman and Robin sucks but it's not on the same level of suckness as these two.

For me its actually spiderman 3. Thats simply based on the fact of how dissapointed I was after watching the other 2 and then that.

it was cheesy-emo and trite. the sequels are even worse.

so what? even if that were true, this topic isn't about "first/most influential comic book movies". just the bad ones.
Burton's movies are every bit as obnoxious and hollow as Schumacher's. he just did it first.

How was the crow emo? emo didn't exist then, it was goth my friend and it was good.

You know those "Look Who's Talking" movies? Not the original ones but the ones where the pets talked? Those movies are The frigging "Godfather" compared to "Batman and Robin".
robocop_PPP_LOGO2.jpg

How was the crow emo? emo didn't exist then, it was goth my friend and it was good.

Actually, "emo" as a musical term was around since the 80s, associated with the hardcore punk scene. However, you are correct that "emo" as a pop-culture and fashion reference wasn't even around when the film came out. Currently hardly anyone uses the term emo for anything other than the pop-culture fad concerning skinny jeans, long bangs, and the perception of sensitivity, depression, and social angst.

As for the Crow, anyone who read the comics knows it is clearly gothic and in no way represents past or present "emo," no matter how many emo kids today proudly wear their Crow shirts from Hot Topic. And yes, it was an AWESOME comic and film.

Batman & Robin is hilariously bad and parts can command your attention out of morbid curiousity like watching a train wreck. If it's on, I watch it, mesmerized by just how bad it truly is. Catwoman is just crap and I turn it off.

I voted Catwoman.

EXACTLY, like if your channel flipping and you come across it, i might be sucker'd into watching it for a few minutes just to remind myself of how crappy it was. Its so bad is almost interesting...

but i cant even stand to watch catwoman for even 10 seconds, thats how putrid it was..amazingly, even with Halle Berry half naked in it most of the time, its just unwatchable,.... IT JUST SUCKS...

Spawn
Howard the Duck
The Shadow
The Phantom
Swamp Thing
Judge Dredd
Super Girl
Fantastic Four (Roger Corman version)

Has to be Catwoman. I can tolerate Batman and Robin and DD was saved by the director's cut.

Back