What's the Best way to keep your Collectibles "Dust Free"?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay so in terms of Premium Format Figures that have real Fabric clothing, what is the best way to keep the Dust of so your PF will last a long time?
As I have a few PFs coming my way soon :D

don't take them out of the box. :lol

but seriously, i have my collectibles in a separate room with a door - door is always closed. also, if you can, have your collectibles behind glass, either in a glass cabinet, or covered with an acrylic display box.

Yea I don't have any glass display cabinets I plan on getting some but I don't know which would be the best ones to purchase or even if having collectibles behind a glass cabinet even keeps the dust off? :confused:

I too would love to hear from other collectors to find out what display cabinets they use to help combat dust and to simply display their collection.

Is the DETOLF series from IKEA the cabinets of choice? Please chime in and give your recommendations. Even post some pics to if you can. Thanks.

I too would love to hear from other collectors to find out what display cabinets they use to help combat dust and to simply display their collection.

Is the DETOLF series from IKEA the cabinets of choice? Please chime in and give your recommendations. Even post some pics to if you can. Thanks.

Yes thats a great Idea i'd love to see pics too if possible

Here's a display solution courtesy of Darkdaysinvegas...

mycollection.jpg

I use swiffer dust clothes for the bases, a make up brush for most every other part of the figure. Where necessary (such as tight corners) I use a can of compressed air. For some fabrics I use tape to get the dust off. However test a small part that isn't visible first. I've found on some fabrics, such as Obi-Wan's robe the tape pulls some of the fabric and while it may not damage it, I didn't like the looks of it.

Buy a makeup brush and dust often. Very often.

I hear ya. The more my collection grows, the more I feel like a maid. I'm dusting constantly. BTW, I use a paint brush with a wide brush head similar to a makeup brush, but with a longer shaft (very good to clean PFs with).

Here's my detolfs, while they aren't dust proof they do reduce the build up of it. I vacuum some times twice a week, But only have to dust inside maybe 2-3 times a year

My custom made cabinets, I'll display my collection there when moving to the new house later this year:

img3212of6.jpg

displaycabinets05hi7.jpg

Back