What's the Best way to keep your Collectibles "Dust Free"?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a display solution courtesy of Darkdaysinvegas...

mycollection.jpg

i can see your 1:1 Venom bust:drool:drool even if it is the box:lol:lol:lol

I don't have my statues in glass cases, so I have to dust them pretty often. I personally use a horse hair paint brush, I have about 3 different sizes that I use. They seem to work pretty well for all parts of my PF's and other pieces.

I'd like to add since dust is really just dead skin, this thread is about "How do I keep dead skin that has accumulated over time and is floating around in the air I breathe from sticking to my PFs." :lol that is my OCD remark of the day.

But really, keep it in a very tight, enclosed display case and you should be okay. It also helps to get an air purifier (I use the Ionic Breeze) and stick it near your figures to collect some of the dust in the air.

I had two ionic breeze's they both broke. And they made a bad smell. And it didn't really seem to decrease my dust by that much.

I had two ionic breeze's they both broke. And they made a bad smell. And it didn't really seem to decrease my dust by that much.

I like the smell it gives off, smells clean to me lol. But yea, it's not going to eliminate all the dust, but when you clean it, you see how much dust it actually does collect.

You may be right dude! :horror :duh :D

Anyways...I took this pic and even started my own "Show your Shelves" thread for the sole purpose of entertaining the masses.

So :lol it up! That was 100% my intention.

LOL, I'm glad you found that humorous. :lol

i have a single room that is dedicated to my statues, and i used to always worry about dust. one member said, ( keep your door shut ) i know this does not apply to alot of people, but if you have a single room for your displays. keep your door shut ( when your not in there ) and tack a piece of cloth along the bottom part of your door, that reaches too the floor. this prevents the dust from entering your room, i know it sounds stupid, but it works, i have done this for about a year, and that room hardly gets dusty, at least not on my statues

Good advice, I hope to one day have a room dedicated to my collectibles so I'll give that a try.

Back