What will be the edition size of Jedi Luke?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What will be the edition size of Regular Jedi Luke?

Votes: 11 25.0%

Votes: 9 20.5%

Votes: 7 15.9%

Votes: 11 25.0%

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
Umm, don't know about anyone else but I said I do think more Luke's will be made. And I'm not suggesting SSC are amateurs. I've been buying the products they produce for a while now. But I do think the potential numbers they can sell of individual SW Universe figures is very different than anything that has come before in the way of licensed collectibles they have produced. I can't imagine that they aren't looking at the initial response to this release and considering larger edition sizes in the future. Of course for all I know they may have an agreement with the licensor to produce no more of a subject than a certain set number. Again I don't claim to know. And I'm certainly not saying SSC are new to the game of producing collectible 12" figures. I just think this license may change the games rules a bit. This is a very different line than UM or Bond or Buffy. The market compared to anything else in 1/6th scale is huge. All I'm saying is they may have to reconsider edition sizes.

Small edition size + Star Wars license + Jedi Luke Skywalker = Generating excitement and collectibility to the launch of the new line.

ebay prices on this piece will make people look into this line thinking is the next hot thing. I would not be surprised if the next piece is an even more popular character or a stormtrooper. This way a bigger edition size would be justified for such a character hence cashing in on the momentum set by Luke.

These things will sell out fairly quickly directly from SS regardless. People have been waiting for high quality action figures at a reasonable price.

The thing with the SW license is there are so many characters to do and I can see them trying to keep the edition sizes to a reasonable level for each one.
I remember back when fans were screaming at SS to up the edition sizes of the LOTR line. It was the same reaction "million of LOTR fans" "it would be like printing money" "you guys dont know what you are doing". So they upped the edition size of them and now look you can get pretty much all of them way below their retail price.
And I can see them not wanting this line to be like other 1/6 lines were you can find them for 20 bucks now on ebay. Which I can see happening if they did have those huge edition sizes even for the main characters.
$20 bucks is good for us but classifying yourself as a collectible company that releases something for $50 bucks two months later you can get for $20 bucks MIB. It doesn't make you look good as a collectible company if you say this is a collectors item and it tops off at 30-50% below retail.
Anyway thats just my take on things and we've ONLY seen one figure from this line.

Back