What to do when over-work is causing health issues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I hear what your saying, and I didn't intend to be insensitive. However, to just quit your job because you don't like it or makes you feel sick kinda bugs me. Then my tax dollars will likely pay for you to sit on your ass for a few months while others work hard who equally hate their job as much.

There are plenty of other options. Like take extended time off, see a therapist, find a hobby to take your mind off of things.

Working 12 hour days could be hard on anyone, especially a stressful job. This only works for people who live for their job, which most people don't. There are too many unknown factors here to really give a good opinion, but it's better to find work elsewhere than to stick with a job that could possibly kill you.

Being over worked sux ass.

Over the past 4 weeks I have pulled my regular 40 a week plus 96 hours of OT :monkey4 12 hour days everyday and worked though some of my days off.

But it has allowed me to get:

Iron Man Mk II
Iron Man Mk III
Hellboy
Cobra Commander
'84 Hicks from Roy
BMW's Mola Ram
Pennywise sculpt from pinkerton

And a few other things.

So it has been worth it, plus it is all volunteer OT, so I really cant complain :lol

Being over worked sux ass.

Over the past 4 weeks I have pulled my regular 40 a week plus 96 hours of OT :monkey4 12 hour days everyday and worked though some of my days off.

But it has allowed me to get:

Iron Man Mk II
Iron Man Mk III
Hellboy
Cobra Commander
'84 Hicks from Roy
BMW's Mola Ram
Pennywise sculpt from pinkerton

And a few other things.

So it has been worth it, plus it is all volunteer OT, so I really cant complain :lol

You just looooooooove those truckers!!! :lol

442940524_0319908f62.jpg

No job is worth killing yourself over. I had a job years ago where I was actually throwing up before going in. I up and quit one day and didn't look back. Any one who has never been in that position doesn't know what it's like.

I would go in and talk to my boss to see if things could improve. If not, get out!

do you mean killing yourself as in literally? If so i think that's being a bit over dramatic. over stressed? who isnt? I find it hard to believe that you will die from stress. People need to learn how to deal with stress effectively, and somehow my gut feeling is that the "stress" is not the real problem here. From what little ive read it seems that too much is being put on her and she is afraid to look bad in many ways.

But youre right, ive never been in a position where i throw up before going to work. BUt you have to ask yourself, why or how did you put yourself in that situation in the first place? Also i work well under pressure and im aware that people are different and have their tolerances.

Again, I have not read this thread from head to toe, just the first bunch of posts...but from what I gather it doesnt sound like a health issue or anything she will DIE from. but what do i know, im a pilot not a doctor.

do you mean killing yourself as in literally? If so i think that's being a bit over dramatic. over stressed? who isnt? I find it hard to believe that you will die from stress. People need to learn how to deal with stress effectively, and somehow my gut feeling is that the "stress" is not the real problem here. From what little ive read it seems that too much is being put on her and she is afraid to look bad in many ways.

But youre right, ive never been in a position where i throw up before going to work. BUt you have to ask yourself, why or how did you put yourself in that situation in the first place? Also i work well under pressure and im aware that people are different and have their tolerances.

Again, I have not read this thread from head to toe, just the first bunch of posts...but from what I gather it doesnt sound like a health issue or anything she will DIE from. but what do i know, im a pilot not a doctor.

Though you took me too literally, you can die from heart attacks and many are related to stress. Look up stress and see how it affects your body. It can affect every part of you.

When my father was dying, all of it was put on me. I got no help from my brothers, who stayed away with thier heads in the sand, and my mother wasn't capable. I was so stressed out that I fainted at work and ended up in the emergency room. I had to struggle to keep it together for him.

In my work case, my work load was getting ridiculous and I was given more and more and I was ^^^^^ed at constantly for others not doing their work. It was like being in boot camp with a sarge who was never happy with anything you done, but gave you more even more to do. And all this when I was making MINIMUM WAGE! I didn't put myself in that position, it came to me, that's why I got out. And I work very well under stress too. I worked for a newspaper btw. When I left, I was without a job for over a year, without getting a cent from anyone. I made cookies and candies and sold that to make money. I actually did very well. I got my current job and have been here ever since.

Sorry to ramble......but you can die from stress, not saying that she would though, but if you're so miserable and it can't be changed, then it's time to get out.

You brought up a lot of good questions that were behind my initial response. Like are u really just upset and don't know how to deal with it? I think Carlin had it right in a way. People have become soft. It is part of the everybody wins mentality. Then when the kids get out in the real world they realize damn! ^^^^ is not that easy. I am not saying that is the case here. Just an observation. The way most people seem to be bringing up their young I think you will see more of this. They are being teached that there is no losers. Hell in tee ball games no one wins anymore. What is that teaching our kids? It sure isn't preparing them for the real world thats for sure.

I've lived it. I wound up in the hospital. But you know what? I let myself get consumed by the stress. I ALLOWED myself to get eaten by it. I still have that same job and it can be just as stressful as before, but I learned to let slide many of the things that used to tear me up. I still work some horrid hours to get things done, and there's no one to pass the work onto either. But I came to the conclusion when I was on 8-week recuperation from that hospital jaunt that the job really wouldn't change but I could change my attitude about it.

Besides, you think I'm gonna let the bastiges get me down? You think I'm gonna let them know they can beat me? Wrong.

I've lived it. I wound up in the hospital. But you know what? I let myself get consumed by the stress. I ALLOWED myself to get eaten by it. I still have that same job and it can be just as stressful as before, but I learned to let slide many of the things that used to tear me up. I still work some horrid hours to get things done, and there's no one to pass the work onto either. But I came to the conclusion when I was on 8-week recuperation from that hospital jaunt that the job really wouldn't change but I could change my attitude about it.

Besides, you think I'm gonna let the bastiges get me down? You think I'm gonna let them know they can beat me? Wrong.

I feel that way on my current job. It's all a learning experience. I would never take the stress of my old newspaper job though. It wasn't worth it for what I was being paid. I did myself a favor in leaving.

I have no idea what this lady does, but she just might not be at the right job for her, or she might need to have a good long talk with her boss. Either way I hope things change for the better.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Best post in this thread! Never let your work get you down. Fight through it! Delve into it! And know that many others would probably kill for the salary that you make.

I look in the mirror and tell myself that every day I wake up. :eek:

Seriously I have worked in many stressful jobs. MANY! Some could have meant death, others if I didn't meet a certain goal I could lose my job. Maybe that is why I don't understand the quit mentality. Work through it! It will make you stronger. Never quit! I made that mistake for a certain person and will never and I mean never quit for any reason or anyone ever again. I wasn't raised to be a quitter. :cool:

Back