What old game(s) are you replaying?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Apologizes if there is a similar thread, but figured this could be fun to revisit an old game. For myself, I am in Halo mood; as of two weeks ago I've played Halo Anniversay, Halo 3, Halo 4, and now:

Halo 2

Its been almost 9 years since Halo 2 hit. I remember seeing this engine demo and almost freaking out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K_y3cbIV-Xg

When the game hit, concessions were made due to the Original Xbox limitations, so I remember hating Halo 2....lol. Well, having a great time on it - plays great on the 360 and actually find it kinda tough

Aspects I've rediscovered:

*Cortana was bossy in Halo 2 - like drill Sargent bossy!
*Levels were larger than I recalled, and first time to dual wield (missed it in Halo 4)
* Michelle Rodriguez was a marine
* driving parts were pretty awesome....not sure what my problem with this was in 2004
*Awesome opening - like how this felt like the start of the much larger Halo story outside the games

Last edited:
Re: What old game are you replaying?

I keep going back to Uncharted, GoW, and Arkham. The whole series, just one after the other!

So many new games this fall that I need to get to, but I manage to make time for Parasite Eve and the God of War PSP games.

I recently picked up a modded XBox with a bunch of old arcade games on it, and have been playing lots of old classics. Joust, Street Fighter 2, Strider, UN Squadron, SMASH TV, Metal Slug, 1943, Final Fight, Moonwalker, etc.

Who needs new games?

I've been playing Streets of Rage 2 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica lately.

im playing earthbound on the snes for the countless time then im going to play some chrono tirgger afterwords. Love those two games they always take me back to the good old days

Another classic from my childhood - Dragon's Lair - its amazing how long it took them to do a home version that ran as good - and better than that laser disk game 30 years back -

They finally did a Blu ray version couple years ago that's just amazing

It's my first time playing it, but im playing Alias for xbox. I just started watching the show and love it already so I went and bought the game.

It's my first time playing it, but im playing Alias for xbox. I just started watching the show and love it already so I went and bought the game.

Awesome; I miss that show; trying to recall if I played that one or not - I may have just watched some vids....hope you like it!

Blood Omen

Most recently Simon the Sorcerer and Beneath a Steel Sky but I'd never played them before.

A couple of years ago I tried to play my FFVII ps1 game on a 42" TV and it looked absolutely horrendous. It was unplayable at best. I hope Square Enix remakes that game again because at the time, it was one of the best games ever.

I'm still trying to get through last falls "big" games. Currently playing MW3. :lol

I have about 6 or 7 others to finish before I can even think of buying anything new. :gah:

Although I will be purchasing Baldurs Gate for both Mac and iPad next week. :lecture

Back