Media ZX Vega

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timr

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just bought a ZX Vega, most people who live in the uk over 40 will know about the ZX spectrum I think it was sold in the US Under a different name but I've know idea how popular they were. In the UK they were very common, the vega is slightly larger the a old NES handset with 4 buttons and a 4 way cross pad ( rubberised pads) which dont work too well with most of the games I've played. It come preloaded with they say around 1000 games but the 2 games I want most are not on they are manic miner and jet set willy. Although you can down load the games from online archives and put them on a micro Sd card. It is quite expensive costing over £100 and although it's fun playing games from the 80s there not as much fun as I remember. Also the biggest bug bear was that it came with the old compersite cables and none of my tv's had them so had to shop around to get around this maybe a scrart convetor out of the box would be a start. Again I know scart is not as common on smart tv's but my new Sony had one. Also it's powered by USB and the only way to turn it off is to unplug the USB no on/off switch. If I had know the pro and cons I don't think I'd of bought it, but on the plus side it got an early one and if I keep in good condition should keep its value.

Sorry about the moronic ramble, don't know we're I was heading, to sum it up don't buy one unless your a vintage video game geek.

Back