What movie(s) got to you the most as a kid ?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lifeforce?
That was a bit Nudy Rudy for a kid to be watching.
You must have been scared yet strangely aroused at the same time?

Wasn't that the whole point of watching horror movies as a kid? See boobies... rewind it right before they get slashed or turn into monsters... repeat as needed. :naughty

1977's "Kingdom of the Spiders" stayed with me for years.

579-1.jpg

kingdom-of-the-spiders1.JPG

Also the naked chick in the shining.

Yep, that part creeped me out when I was a kid.

Although I don't really remember it, my mom (in a bad parental decision moment) took me to see Conan the Barbarian when it came out. Evidently I cried through most of the film :lol

Strangely now it is one of my favorite movies :huh

Yeah, I know my mom wasn't particularly thrilled when we saw Gremlins either. A friend told it wasn't too bad :lol But I loved it as a kid :rock

Lifeforce?
That was a bit Nudy Rudy for a kid to be watching.
You must have been scared yet strangely aroused at the same time?

Yeah I spent the night at a friends and this friends parents would pretty much just take us to the video store and let us pick something out.

It was ALWAYS horror and with fingers crossed, would be filled with nudity or things we weren't supposed to see. Then we headed to the basement of his house and were rarely interrupted by his parents. Man I loved spending the night there! :lol

This was the same friend that for his birthday party his parents took us to see Aliens in the theater. I was 11 at the time.

Wasn't that the whole point of watching horror movies as a kid? See boobies... rewind it right before they get slashed or turn into monsters... repeat as needed. :naughty

:exactly: :clap

Yeah I spent the night at a friends and this friends parents would pretty much just take us to the video store and let us pick something out.

It was ALWAYS horror and with fingers crossed, would be filled with nudity or things we weren't supposed to see. Then we headed to the basement of his house and were rarely interrupted by his parents. Man I loved spending the night there! :lol

This was the same friend that for his birthday party his parents took us to see Aliens in the theater. I was 11 at the time.

:exactly: :clap

:rotfl Funny, I can relate to having "that friend" too; the one who's parents were way more lenient than yours - and even let you have sugar cereal! :wink1:

Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street

Jeepers Creepers. The part where Darius goes down the pipe scarred me. I couldn't sleep for 3 nights and had extremely vivid nightmares about decapitated bodies and whatnot, and a river of blood that I could actually smell.....

The original Night of the Living Dead proper creeped me out when i was a kid. I remember the first time i saw it, i kept having these weird nightmare that i was surrounded by zombies or just that everyone in the village i live in had gone mad and was trying to kill me. Had this small town paranoia thing going on ever since. lol. Similar feeling when i watched the first Invasion of the Body Snatchers movie too.

Also, the exorcist freaked me out big time when i first saw that too.

When i was a kid i had two older sisters who used to act really scared during scooby doo. I assumed that if they were older than me and scared then i should be petrified.

Also, Veruca Salt turning into a blueberry scared the crap outta me.

Oh yeah, and there was this one episode of Fantasy Island where Mr Rourke dressed up as Death to scare a mute chick into speaking. As if Tatoo wasn't enough! I wouldn't go down into the basement for weeks after that one!

But as for Movies, i think the first really scary movie i ever saw was JC's The Thing. The stomach-mouth scene messed me up for life :)

The scariest movie for me growing up was....

Ernest Scared Stupid....

It was supposed to be a fun kids movie, which was why I was allowed to watch it at a young age... MAN was that a mistake.

It was about an evil troll who would hide under your bed and turn you into a wooden doll so he could use your soul to lay pods that would become his children....

I slept in my parents bed for like a month....

I mean look at it,... it still scares me!

ernest9.jpg

What got me wasn't even a scary movie, but as a kid when I saw "Who framed Roger Rabbit". When Christopher Loyd's character reveals he's a cartoon and screams. I sprinted out of the room crying.

Sad I know...

Yes!!!
I remember that freaking me out too!

The scariest movie for me growing up was....

Ernest Scared Stupid....

It was supposed to be a fun kids movie, which was why I was allowed to watch it at a young age... MAN was that a mistake.

It was about an evil troll who would hide under your bed and turn you into a wooden doll so he could use your soul to lay pods that would become his children....

I slept in my parents bed for like a month....

I mean look at it,... it still scares me!

ernest9.jpg

That always scared me a little as a kid too. I think just cos the troll looked so hideous and gross. lol. I was so glad it was something as simple as milk that killed him, cos i knew i'd always have plenty at home. haha.

Back