Where are they now?; Bruce the shark from Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/l1UxWLUKtjU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/l1UxWLUKtjU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Pretty positive that is not a Bruce from the film, but actually a replica used at at theme park or as a promotional item.

It was shown on that SciFi auction show and they discussed what it actually was. Still a valuable item, but not screen used or (I think) even accurate.

Pretty positive that is not a Bruce from the film, but actually a replica used at at theme park or as a promotional item.

It was shown on that SciFi auction show and they discussed what it actually was. Still a valuable item, but not screen used or (I think) even accurate.

Why is there a movement to preserve it and get it in a museum if its just a junky theme park entry piece item and not the one of the real deal Brucies? if its just a theme park item...let it rot.

Why is there a movement to preserve it and get it in a museum if its just a junky theme park entry piece item and not the one of the real deal Brucies? if its just a theme park item...let it rot.

GB's right. They had experts questioning the authenticity of it and wanted to take it for verification but the owners wouldn't allow it. It was surmised that if it is, in fact, one of the original Bruce props, there's been substantial restoration (not good mind you) to the piece. :(

GB's right. They had experts questioning the authenticity of it and wanted to take it for verification but the owners wouldn't allow it. It was surmised that if it is, in fact, one of the original Bruce props, there's been substantial restoration (not good mind you) to the piece. :(

well...then its time to let er rot.:slap I dont understand why the video was made. It would be like hanging a polar lights Bates mansion model in a tree and saying it was a miniature used for filming if its not really one of the actual Brucies..:wink1::lol but if it is a Brucie and its been restored and hung in a tree...the pain, oh--the pain.

pretty clear its not Bruce just from that video alone.
Just compare the mouths/teeth to the B&W shot in the warehouse that pops up.

well...then its time to let er rot.:slap I dont understand why the video was made. It would be like hanging a polar lights Bates mansion model in a tree and saying it was a miniature used for filming if its not really one of the actual Brucies..:wink1::lol but if it is a Brucie and its been restored and hung in a tree...the pain, oh--the pain.

People make a lot of stupid videos on the internets :lol

I didn't watch the whole thing (since I recognized the piece from the auction show), but maybe they're hoping to raise money for a "great cause" but really pocket the cash :lol

Still even as a non-film item I think they estimated the value was around 40K.

pretty clear its not Bruce just from that video alone.
Just compare the mouths/teeth to the B&W shot in the warehouse that pops up.

That's exactly the area that made the authenticators think it was likely a promotional piece from the theater or a poorly restored original.

I was just watching Finding Nemo with my girls the other day. The head shark in the "Fish are Friends" group is a Great White named Bruce. It's pretty clear it had been an in-joke referring to the prop from Jaws.

Hey guys, that Junkyard Bruce you speak of i the only remaining copy from the original JAWS shark mold . Notice the jowles one both sides of the mouth? It use to hang upside down in the theme park ..It is not a screen used shark .None of the original sharks are around anymore they rotted away on the back lot 30 year ago!

As far as I know from the town FX chatter , it is legit, supposedly it originated from the orig mold . I know that there have been good attempts out here to buy and restore it, but the owner doesnt want to sell

It's the closest we have to the original Bruce, made from the same mold, hung at Universal Studios Hollywood for many years.

BB

Back