What Legendary Musicians would you collect?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lcummins said:
leg·en·dar·y (lĕj'ən-dĕr'ē)
pron.gif

adj.
  1. Of, constituting, based on, or of the nature of a legend.
    1. Celebrated in legend.
    2. Extremely well known; famous or renowned.

YOU SAYING THE "D" AINT LEGENDS??!?!?!?!?!

In 1/6th Scale

Steven Tyler
Joe Perry
KISS
Elvis Presley
Waylon Jennings
Rob Zombie
Alice Cooper
"Weird Al" Yankovic
Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
Ozzy Osbourne

When I met Gene Simmons at one of the KISS Fragrances signings, I asked him if there was going to be anymore KISS stuff from Sideshow. He told me two more generations.

I'd want:
-Jimi Hendrix
-Jimmy Page
-Robert Plant
-Jim Morrison
-Mick Jagger
-Ozzy Osbourne
-Bon Scott
-Angus Young
-Alice Cooper
-Dimebag Darrell
-Glenn Danzig
-James Hetfield
-Kirk Hammett
-Joey Ramone
-Rob Zombie
-Cliff Burton
To name a few.
But I could never afford them all.

lcummins said:
I'm not naming any names... just pointing out that a few of the suggestions ain't what I'd call "legendary"!!! :monkey1

Yeah but you also have to think of Genre. Glen Danzig is not a legend in the rap world, but any punk or metal fan will tell you most anything to come after him would not exist lest it was for him. Not that you meant Danzig, just using him as an example, again I think "Legendary Musician" is subject to genre of music as well.

You're right lcummins , Bruce Springsteen should be on top of the list.
personally he would be the only one I'm absolutly sure I would buy.

Shirley Manson from Garbage was mentionned too I would be the first to make my order but it's not very realistic I think Sideshow will continue the line with "really" legendary musicians
(Of, constituting, based on, or of the nature of a legend.
1. Celebrated in legend.
2. Extremely well known; famous or renowned.) ,
like the Rolling Stones,the Beatles or Jim Morrisson.

But why not a new "Almost Legendary Musicians" line with Shirley Manson, Björk ,PJ Harvey,the Smashing Pumpkins and Radiohead?

PosterBoyKelly said:
Yeah but you also have to think of Genre. Glen Danzig is not a legend in the rap world, but any punk or metal fan will tell you most anything to come after him would not exist lest it was for him. Not that you meant Danzig, just using him as an example, again I think "Legendary Musician" is subject to genre of music as well.

While I agree that each genre will have it's own legends, I personally tend to think of "legendary musicians" as those that most everyone you ask will have heard of. Ask 100 people on the street who KISS, Elvis, the Stones, the Beatles or even Billy Joel are, and 98 or 99 will probably give you a correct answer. Ask that same 100 people who Glen Danzig is (no matter how "legendary" in the punk/metal world) and you will probably get a blank stare from 75 to 80 of them.

I'm just pointing out that this line is supposed to be about truly legendary artists, not just everyone's favorite musician. I realize that everyone will have differing opinions about what and who is legendary, but my personal opinion is that 98% of the artists mentioned so far don't stand an ice cube's chance in Hell of ever being made!

Marcus is not dead said:
You're right lcummins , Bruce Springsteen should be on top of the list...

I think people just tend to forget poor Bruce!

lcummins said:
While I agree that each genre will have it's own legends, I personally tend to think of "legendary musicians" as those that most everyone you ask will have heard of. Ask 100 people on the street who KISS, Elvis, the Stones, the Beatles or even Billy Joel are, and 98 or 99 will probably give you a correct answer. Ask that same 100 people who Glen Danzig is (no matter how "legendary" in the punk/metal world) and you will probably get a blank stare from 75 to 80 of them.

I'm just pointing out that this line is supposed to be about truly legendary artists, not just everyone's favorite musician. I realize that everyone will have differing opinions about what and who is legendary, but my personal opinion is that 98% of the artists mentioned so far don't stand an ice cube's chance in Hell of ever being made!

I think people just tend to forget poor Bruce!

But I'll bet if you show those same people a picture of Iron Maiden's mascot EDDIE, they will recognize him! ...Even if they don't know the name of the band exactly or have heard of of their songs...

They were pioneers of Heavy Metal back in the late 70's as par tof the NWOBHM (New Wave Of British Heavy Metal) and have been recording consistantly for almost 30 years. I just saw them for the umteenth time last fall and they are better than ever. They are also the only other artist after David Bowie to have stock in their recording catalog go live on Wall Street. Not to mention numerous awards and honors and millions of records sold over the past three decades.

I think they would qualify as Legendary. They're contribution to music and the genre of Heavy Metal far surpasses legendary. It's historic....immortal.

Up The Irons!!!
:rock

....and you want to talk about marketabilty? Eddie is the most marketable music mascot ever. He has countless incarnations and veriations that would send collectors into a tizzy trying to collect!

Even if they just the iconic pieces like Number of the Beast and Killers...they would SELL OUT!

I have some of the Eddie figures as well, This would make a awesome PF figure.

I think sideshow will make the band at some point, But I do not think you will see Eddie in this line.

He is not a Musician, We may see him in another line. I sure hope so.

The Monster said:
I have some of the Eddie figures as well, This would make a awesome PF figure.

I think sideshow will make the band at some point, But I do not think you will see Eddie in this line.

He is not a Musician, We may see him in another line. I sure hope so.

The band would not sign likeness rights....not because they don't want people to have collectible representations of them, they jsut think that Eddie is what people really want to see on a Maiden collectible! They love him...He is amember of the band as far as they're concerned...he comes out at every show in various forms...and they already signed him away and was made by NECA and McFalane. I don't thnk Sideshow would even attemtp to make the band. Not when they can make 5 different Elvis's and Led Zeplin and three different incarnations of the Beatles!

Eddie is where the money would be!

Sir Tristram said:
But I'll bet if you show those same people a picture of Iron Maiden's mascot EDDIE, they will recognize him...

Actually, I think they would recognize the "name" of the band before they would recognize any band members or even Eddie! You guys give the average American way too much credit and intelligence!!! :monkey5

I don't know about that, I think if you showed most people (of a certain age group of course) a pic of Eddie, they'd AT LEAST know it's the guy from the Iron Maiden albums.

PosterBoyKelly said:
I don't know about that, I think if you showed most people (of a certain age group of course) a pic of Eddie, they'd AT LEAST know it's the guy from the Iron Maiden albums.

Definitely....Although...Standing right next to me at the last show Maiden show I attended (which was October) was a 48 year friend of mine and her 17 year son as well as his 15 year old friend. Not to mention my 28, 24 and 26 year old friends. Maiden spans the ages! ;)

OK the bent of this conversation has begged one question in my mind:

What constitutes a Legendary Musician? Influence (ergo timelessness) or redognition?

Because from what I can see, more people know who Paris Hilton is than Glen Danzig. But Danzig has been FAR more influential.

Back