What gets anounced May the 4th?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling we'll see Jedi Luke at SDCC then some of the new quarter scales for Episode VIII on Force Friday. I'm with the guys who expected a bit more from today though, quite disappointed in the end.

Don't they not reveal anything at SDCC, some said this somewhere?

It was nice to see Leia today, but disappointing that that was all especially considering how great they did last year. Im surprised they didn't even show the ones from Celebration like Jedi Luke, Palpatine, Royal Guards.

Hot Toys isn't at SDCC but Sideshow represents them. I don't know if they really do reveals but a lot of times there are Asian toy fairs first where things get revealed and the new stuff is shown at SDCC.

I know this is mostly for 1/6 scale but I was also surprised absolutely nothing from 1/12 Japanese companies like SH Figuarts or Mafex.

Hot Toys isn't at SDCC but Sideshow represents them. I don't know if they really do reveals but a lot of times there are Asian toy fairs first where things get revealed and the new stuff is shown at SDCC.

Yeah last year the just brought everything on display and announced Rey's speeder, which apparently was never meant to go on sale. IDK why they even bothered to show it if thats true.

Well I think some items are just meant as display pieces and aren't necessarily going up for pre-order. The thing is items have to be feasible to make and sell at a profit or they realistically aren't going to mass produce.

Well I think some items are just meant as display pieces and aren't necessarily going up for pre-order. The thing is items have to be feasible to make and sell at a profit or they realistically aren't going to mass produce.

Idk i think they would sell ok. I'd personally love Rey's speeder and got excited for them. I just don't understand why bother to make them at all if they aren't going to sell them? They even have her speeder listed and you can get updates on it https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/rey-and-speeder/

I was surprised they didn't PO the Royal Guard as that looks finished - but would it be sensible financially to PO two figures simultaneously? If the first day or two of pre ordering are when many of the orders get filled why should they compete against each other? Maybe there'll be something else on May 25th.

No Death Star Trooper PO on May 4th.:(

I thought there was going to be a biggie (onbviously Leia Hoth or Luke Jedi) and one or two lesser ones - I kinda thought maybe Royal Guard or DST.

Don't they not reveal anything at SDCC, some said this somewhere?

It was nice to see Leia today, but disappointing that that was all especially considering how great they did last year. Im surprised they didn't even show the ones from Celebration like Jedi Luke, Palpatine, Royal Guards.

I thought they first showed off the Returns Batman and Netflix Daredevil at SDCC? My memory is pretty bad though so I could be remembering incorrectly.

DAYUM man that sig with Snyder is ****ing hillarious. Can't stop watching it!
as someone else said, I think Force Friday will be the total unload for HT. Folks keep
comparing this 4th to last year but there was no saga film last year, so it makes sense
that there was more product on the 4th last year versus this year and having force Friday to
contend with. Remember Farce Friday? I was in the idiot Target line ordering a **** ton
of TFA storm troopers.

Last edited:
so no jedi luke PO?

Maybe around SDCC time? I would think that they'll be putting more OT/RO Star Wars figures up before Force Friday which will likely be all TLJ figures that day, and may remain focused on that for a while.

Maybe around SDCC time? I would think that they'll be putting more OT/RO Star Wars figures up before Force Friday which will likely be all TLJ figures that day, and may remain focused on that for a while.

I think that's what's it going to be. Also, if they don't delay the Han Solo movie it will be TLJ then follow by Han Solo movie figures so whatever OT and Rogue One will hopefully be before Sept 1. So far this year it seems HT announce 1 SW figure a month so we can only hope.

I think that's what's it going to be. Also, if they don't delay the Han Solo movie it will be TLJ then follow by Han Solo movie figures so whatever OT and Rogue One will hopefully be before Sept 1. So far this year it seems HT announce 1 SW figure a month so we can only hope.

Yeah with so many unannounced SW figures that have been shown at cons, you'd think they have enough for at least one reveal a month. Anything not up for PO by Force Friday will be pushed back with the upcoming TLJ and Han Solo figures like you said. I mean I'm really looking forward to the TLJ figures, but I also want some OT figures to go up like Jedi Luke.

Back