What Figure in you collection is on the chopping block?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've boxed up and put away a few: Chris Reeves Superman, Ghostrider/cycle, Tony Stark lab set, Black Suit Spidey, The Tumbler, The Delorian, Marty, Iron Man Mk1, Thor V1, Captain America V1. I shouldn't have started this list. I thought there were only 2 or 3 !! Haha!!

I've boxed up and put away a few: Chris Reeves Superman, Ghostrider/cycle, Tony Stark lab set, Black Suit Spidey, The Tumbler, The Delorian, Marty, Iron Man Mk1, Thor V1, Captain America V1. I shouldn't have started this list. I thought there were only 2 or 3 !! Haha!!

You boxed up the Delorean and Marty....?
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

None.

Best thing is to always make sure you are purchasing what you want. Not be driven by hype. Order the entire line of Avengers? Then Avengers 2? Civil War? Yea, you are now out of space and have multiples of dawls you didn't really want.

This guy gets it. I've posted this many many times here.... only get that which you truly love, and you'll never be sorry.

Nothing at this stage. I will say though that I have had many figures on my "to buy list" but I never ended up getting around to buying them. Sometimes it is best to let the hype die down and if you still really want the figure afterwards, then go for it. I think it's obvious people get sucked into sales, especially during Spook at Sideshow. Figures you weren't really interested in buying, but at 40% off you jump on it.

I look at my collection and I love all of them. I try not to duplicate characters too often and staying away from collecting multiple Iron Man armours is also a good way to keep the numbers down lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nothing at this stage. I will say though that I have had many figures on my "to buy list" but I never ended up getting around to buying them. Sometimes it is best to let the hype die down and if you still really want the figure afterwards, then go for it. I think it's obvious people get sucked into sales, especially during Spook at Sideshow. Figures you weren't really interested in buying, but at 40% off you jump on it.

I look at my collection and I love all of them. I try not to duplicate characters too often and staying away from collecting multiple Iron Man armours is also a good way to keep the numbers down lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great advice here.....most of the most sought after HT figures I got at retail with patience and time. DX Joker, Jack S, SSDeluxe Vader.....all at or just above retail.....

Bought a few TFA figures recently well below retail. I am firmly on the no Pre order bandwagon now.......HT will make enough to meet demand, and the secondary market eventually cools off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have lots for sale need to come up with money the sad side of life demands it.

I'm just too lazy to ship so if you live in NY, NJ or Conn come on over.

Oh ok i'll ship the 1/6 figures.

Bastards lol.

pm for a list if you want to know what's in my treasure chest.

Punishers, Wolverine, Predator, Godzilla, Batman, Batmobiles oh my.

Last edited:
I'm planning to sell the last few statues from DC Collectibles I own. They're overpriced garbage and I don't want to support a company with such poor QC.

AWE Jack Sparrow, DX07 BD Bespin Luke and Silver Centurion Mk 33 Iron Man. As soon as HT releases RotJ Luke, BD DX07 goes bye bye. PO'd the new DX15 Sparrow, so AWE Sparrow's departure is imminent.

Kumik's Michelle Pfeiffer BR Catwoman is on the cusp of being boxed up simply because it's an eyesore among higher quality figures.

My predator, definitely want to sell it since it was an impulse purchase and looks odd by itself.

I would sell Cap TFA and replace him with maybe CW, WS would be out, just don't like that figure much, and lastly would be maybe Maria Hill.

Now it's my Poison Ivy 'Green with Envy' PF. It's just sitting in my closet since I don't have the space for it, might as well sell it to someone who can display it... It's a great piece and it deserves to be seen.

Gotta make room. Long overdue. Ran out of space YEARS ago! Everything is so crowded now that you can't really appreciate everything. And new stuff still keeps coming in. (And plenty of new stuff still in boxes with no place to land.)

I need to do a major reorganization of the display room. Basically laziness and money are holding me back (I have a plan to buy some more Detolfs to make a double-wide).

All that said, I need to rotate out some of my really old stuff that has almost zero resale value -- Sideshow LOTR, Terminator and Hellboy figures from 10+ years ago.

trying to decide between Spiderman 2 and Sully Avatar.......

which would you part with>?

Just let go of the HT Comedian. Was hard to do. But with no other Watchmen being made he was a little on his own in the DC area of my collection.

trying to decide between Spiderman 2 and Sully Avatar.......

which would you part with>?

I picked Sully up last Christmas and love it! Went to visit the new Avatar Land at Disney World last week and fell in love with this figure all over again! It is just a unique figure and represents the types of figures Hot Toys used to make and probably never will again...they have PLENTY of Spider-Men in their future! I display Sully on a shelf with my MMS 136 Terminator as a Cameron display. Keep Sully!!!!

Back