What Dinosauria pieces do you want Sideshow to make?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Therzinosaurus would be great in a battle scene..kind of like the Chased by Dinosaurs episode.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jetek72#p/a/f/1/YxoWHY0G594

Pachycephalosaurs apparently didn't ram heads as previously thought..two pushing against each other would well though I think.

Oviraptors have a similar problem..it's not known if they actually raided nests or not, the fossils found with the Oviraptor on top of the nest was discovered to actually be guarding it's own nest instead of eating them...but that doesn't mean it couldn't I suppose.

Last edited:
the SS dioramas are great - no question, but i would prefer a maquette.

1. Giganotosaurus:pray:
2. Allosaurus
3. Liopleurodon (marine reptile)
4. another large killer:wink1:

Theropods are always good choices ! I've mentioned a Giganotosaurus to Jorge several times..he agrees there should be one..same with a Ceratosaurus ( horned theropod ).

How about a Giga pack hunting down an Argentinosaurus ? ;D

I'd love an Allosaurus maquette ! He got a VS Dio but like Rex was the King and got his own maquette, Allosaurus is the Prince and needs his own as well ! ;D

I want some marine reptile..Liopluerodon, Kronosaurus, some Pliosaur would really nice..though I think if I had a preference it would be for a Tylosaurus and/or a Elasmosaur in a VS Dio as in Journey to the Center of the Earth.

To round out my list of demands ( aside from those I already mentioned ) :

Ankylosaur of some sort..preferably club-tailed..not a Nodosaur.
Brachiosaurus
Diplodocus
Dilophosaurus
A Pachy is good..Dracorex would be fine and it's popular.
Flying Pterosaur
Another ceratopsian of some sort.
A hadrosaur maquette ! Maybe Lambeosaurus or Orlorotitan..heck even a Maiasaura with nest and hatchlings.
Dromeosaur ( raptor ) maquette.

I know they favor action over naturalism, but some feeding scene would be great. Maybe a Giganotosaurus standing over a carcass, roaring to defend it, bloodied muzzle and whatnot.

Someone did mention that the Apatosaurus now has a listed ETA of May, right? Not that it couldn't be pushed back, of course.

Someone did mention that the Apatosaurus now has a listed ETA of May, right? Not that it couldn't be pushed back, of course.

I hope it doesn't get pushed back too far. I could use a break after Wonderfest, though. :lol To be honest, I'm looking forward to this, just as much as I am to Shane's Apatosaurus. I know the paint job won't come close to touching Shane's, but I adore the pose and sculpt.

What scale is the Apatosaurus anyway? Wouldn't it be around 1/18 scale?

Apatosaurus average length: 75 ft.
Statue length: 3.5 ft
~1:21 scale

And I think that would be just the minimum, since this is intended to be an older, larger individual.

Are you sure? I mean, the Rader Studio Apatosaurus is 1:20 scale, and it's only 34" long. Not saying I know anything, but it seems that the SS Apatosaurus should be a bigger scale than 1:20, if the RS Apatosaurus is 9 inches shorter. I know that even if two pieces are said to be the same scale, they can differ, as different artists interpret the scale differently.

Then again, it could just be that these two Apatosaurus are representing two sauropods that are different in size. :dunno

It depends on what length estimate the artist used as reference. The tail position is probably a source of variation as well; I noticed Rader's has a tighter curl. He tends to craft leaner animals, whereas Blanco's Apatosaurus looks much bulkier.

That's true. It doesn't really matter in the end. All I want, is an awesome representation of the mighty Apatosaurus. :D I love Jonathan's Apatosaurus, as it gives us a much different take on the creature. David's 1/72 Apatosaurus is also one I truly love, which goes to show you, it doesn't have to be large to impress. :exactly:

Back