Last night and do you think there any new SideShow grail pieces? What?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was looking to buy a statue last night and did. :yess:

I was looking for a SideShow piece that was available for immediate shipment (in stock at SideShowToy.com) or something that would ship almost immediately. I needed a quick fix because boy I needed the thrill of opening a SideShow box soon. I was looking for something that sold for the regular price of $300 to not much more than $350.

I was looking for grail. I've been doing the X-Men comiquette line or other lines on display but and last night I decided **** it I'm just going to display my best pieces (quite a few of them are grail to me).

So I'm going to display, in my limited of space, the best pieces ill have (and the others when they're released). I'm going to display Diablo 3 Overthrown (grail in my book), Arthas (grail), Deadpool (grail. I'm assuming they will be based on the photos and videos I've seen), Spider-man comiquette, Batman PF, Logan custom (grail), Punisher comiquette (grail), and Angel comiquette (grail). I have room for one more.

I don't care about how much I like the character and thought I want anything stunning such as the insane detail of Diablo Overthrown. I found Dutch from Predator, fabulous, I looked at some of the Pop Culture Shock Statues which are stunning (Ken, Vega) but a price tag of $900 is too much for me, some Ninja Turtle Comiquettes (again too expensive). SideShow Buckey is quite good. Then I remember Ben Kenobi Mythos. Wow. That piece has grail written all over it and it is suppose to be released in January. Bought it. Good ES of 2,000 too. Detail and pose are stunning. Best piece I could find.

So that's what I bought and I'm very happy with it and can't wait for it! Unfortunately it's only 1/5th scale though but that's ok.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=200108&ref=listingimage_200108

That's what I found. Yes, this thread is not "necessary" but seriously tell me wtf is? Please. It was fun last night. So, I guess, does anyone else think there are some current close to original price or original price immediate shipment pieces that are deserving of the title grail as well? Hell, maybe ill get 2....if I had the space and money....

Last edited:
50laugh.gif

Or you could have posted it in the Ben Kenobi Mythos thread. Just an idea. ;)

What I might consider a "grail" does not mean you or anyone else would. A grail is a personal choice...something you've always wanted...not what you think is going to fetch the most money down the road or give you some sort of elite status because of ownership.

What I might consider a "grail" does not mean you or anyone else would. A grail is a personal choice...something you've always wanted...not what you think is going to fetch the most money down the road or give you some sort of elite status because of ownership.

And I agree with you.

Well with the term "grail" I imagine it is going for the whole "holy grail" thing so to me it needs to be something legendary in its difficulty to obtain. Historically it would take some kind of expedition to find, but these days it's all about money so generally it should be something highly sought after and very expensive. In other words I think it requires a bit of thought about others too and not just relative to the buyer. Otherwise literally anything could be a grail, but that just doesn't sound right to me.

Well with the term "grail" I imagine it is going for the whole "holy grail" thing so to me it needs to be something legendary in its difficulty to obtain. Historically it would take some kind of expedition to find, but these days it's all about money so generally it should be something highly sought after and very expensive. In other words I think it requires a bit of thought about others too and not just relative to the buyer. Otherwise literally anything could be a grail, but that just doesn't sound right to me.

I believe grail, to statue collects, means their most coveted, favorite piece. I can't exactly look this term up.

Back