What are you reading? Book discussions and reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5b6a3b7e0452993e56aa0cf7fb4a5736.jpg

Re-read 'Salem's Lot for the fifth or sixth times.

Read 11/22/63.

Currently reading Finder's Keepers.

As you can see, I'm on a Stephen King kick.

Finished Stephen King's Bag of Bones and Misery.

Thinking of revisiting The Stand or Under the Dome again.

I used to read a lot of Kings novels in the 80's-90's and a bit later, but I did read Under the Dome. It wasn't bad, entertaining in a very Stephen King sort of way. I really liked The Stand a lot when I first read it (have read both versions) and the RF character which is also in the Dark Tower series. I rememebr liking the Tommyknockers too. Havent read much new material in the past 10 years, give or take.

All I've been reading lately is King.

I enjoyed Under the Dome. If you have a chance, read 11/22/63. I really liked it.

I have to admit that I've never read It. I think that'll be next for me.

"It"was great, read that as a teen the first time and couldn't put it down. It was the first thick novel I ever read, :lol

Gotta say though, one of my favorite horror novels is stil Ghost Story by Peter Straub.

I loved reading The Stand and The Shining. I've read a bunch of other King, but those probably are my two favorite.

I have also done something I previously said I'd never do. I picked up a "book-on-CD". I'm getting ready to take a long road trip with the family, and thought that I'd listen to something for some of the long stretches of road. The kids typically plug into their music or movies, my wife will inevitably fall asleep, leaving me to contemplate the road. Maybe I'll regret it, but I'm going to listen to LOTR for a good bit of that time.

^^That actually sounds like it would be great to listen to. A whole new way to experience LOTR.

Stars_my_destination_masterworks.jpg

Re-reading this in between Chronicles of Conan. Great, great story.

Last edited:
Anyone else love the Barnes & noble collector books? Bought star wars, Jurassic park, wizard of Oz, etc. Love the desigbs

Back