What are you playing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up South Park: The Fractured But Whole. So far it's pretty damn funny and stays true to the show, like the first game. It does get a bit repetitive with the combat. Overall, not a bad sequel.

I've finally gotten around to playing Bloodborne. It's my first Souls game and the difficulty has me a bit of overwhelmed; and I've only reached the Cleric Beast! It's tapped into my masochistic tendencies, though, as I can't stop playing despite having died at least 30 times already. Again, this is new to me. :lol

Any tips from Souls/Bloodborne vets?

I've finally gotten around to playing Bloodborne. It's my first Souls game and the difficulty has me a bit of overwhelmed; and I've only reached the Cleric Beast! It's tapped into my masochistic tendencies, though, as I can't stop playing despite having died at least 30 times already. Again, this is new to me. :lol

I just downloaded it since it's free on PS+, I've never played this kind of game before but I'm intrigued. My only issue with these types of games are finding the time to play them!

Horizon Zero Dawn (Complete Edition). Eyeballed it a hundred times and thought, looks interesting, but no not for me and have to much to play. Was getting a bit sick of another open world game also. Oh boy, not for me was a wrong thought! What an awesome gameworld!

Git gud! :lol Jokes aside now that you met the Cleric Beast you must have at least one insight point so return to the hunter's dream and talk to the doll so you can level up. Grind like there's no tomorrow. I recommend the saw cleaver for mooks and the axe for larger enemies/bosses. Have fun!

Git gud! :lol Jokes aside now that you met the Cleric Beast you must have at least one insight point so return to the hunter's dream and talk to the doll so you can level up. Grind like there's no tomorrow. I recommend the saw cleaver for mooks and the axe for larger enemies/bosses. Have fun!

:lol Thanks for the tips!

I chose the Threaded Cane. It suits what is intended to be a build that prioritizes skill, endurance and vitality.

My Insight keeps disappearing. Do I drop it like I do my Blood Echoes whenever I die or something? Also, I thought it was only used to summon other players into my game with the Beckoning Bell? I'm not interested in co-op.

Dying doesn't affect your insight count. Things that consume insight:

* Summoning hunters for help in those red circles.

* Buying items from the upper messengers in the Hunter's Dream.

* Certain enemies later in the game rob you of it when they attack you.

I have never played on co-op so I don't know if it consumes insight too, you gain a point by finding bosses and other after killing them if I remember correctly. If you lost your insight and have yet to level up you could consider creating a new file and rushing to the Cleric Beast and getting killed so you can talk to the doll and start gaining levels.

I played through Bloodborne when it first came out. I never finished the final boss but I did complete the old hunters DLC. I just started from scratch and I am already progressing quicker than the first time around. I absolute love this game, the art style, the atmosphere, the interconnected level design and the extreme sense of accomplishment when you unlock a short cut or find a lantern. I like the Souls games but I prefer this for some reason.

Dying doesn't affect your insight count. Things that consume insight:

* Summoning hunters for help in those red circles.

* Buying items from the upper messengers in the Hunter's Dream.

* Certain enemies later in the game rob you of it when they attack you.

I have never played on co-op so I don't know if it consumes insight too, you gain a point by finding bosses and other after killing them if I remember correctly. If you lost your insight and have yet to level up you could consider creating a new file and rushing to the Cleric Beast and getting killed so you can talk to the doll and start gaining levels.

Ah, I misunderstood.

I read up about Insight and having an Insight point gives me access to the doll in the Hunter's Dream, with whom I can level up. I've yet to level up but I did buy the Hunter Set and find the game a bit more forgiving as a result.

In any case, I managed to dwindle the Cleric Beast down to 50% health but died and haven't picked up the game since. I'm going to take your advice and start grinding.

I played through Bloodborne when it first came out. I never finished the final boss but I did complete the old hunters DLC. I just started from scratch and I am already progressing quicker than the first time around. I absolute love this game, the art style, the atmosphere, the interconnected level design and the extreme sense of accomplishment when you unlock a short cut or find a lantern. I like the Souls games but I prefer this for some reason.

:exactly: I'm loving those aspects as well.

lumo.jpg

Playing LUMO on the Switch is amazing..
Too much fun.

Playing through Far Cry 5 on the PC. 2/3 through and I think 4 was better, but this is still pretty good. The lack of horses seems like a missed opportunity, considering its setting.

Finished Arkham Origins, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, working on 100% Arkham Knight. Once I finish I probably wont play them again since I will have beaten them twice
Looking forward to Spiderman PS4.

Just finished the "Curse of the Pharaohs" DLC for AC: Origins and have started Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I have a PS4 and bought my daughter the Switch but she barely plays anything on it and prefers her DS so I said the hell with it and bought myself a game for her system.

Just finished the "Curse of the Pharaohs" DLC for AC: Origins and have started Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I have a PS4 and bought my daughter the Switch but she barely plays anything on it and prefers her DS so I said the hell with it and bought myself a game for her system.

How's the DLC for Origins? Worth getting?

Bloodborne. Just took out Rom. the Vacuous Spider and now the **** has turned real. I love From Software and the artful challenge they've brought to video games. Bloodborne is no exception. Brutal, thought-provoking, streamlined and incredibly satisfying.

Back