What are you playing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you bothered with 3 yet?

I might pick it up on clearance, but the changes they made have me too depressed to have almost any interest.

IMO NG2 is almost the perfect action game. Beating it on Master Ninja difficulty was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Although some aspects are cheap, 99% of the time when you make a mistake, the enemy punishes you for it. Chapter 11 on Master Ninja is probably my favorite single level in any video game ever. EPICness.

I'll pretend NG3 never happened. Tomonobu Itagaki isn't involved with it and Hayashi made it from the ground up. Hayashi ruined his version of NG2 by releasing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on PS3. Horrible game compared to NG2 on XBOX.

I am a huge NG fan, and after playing NG3 for about 10 minutes, I almost cried. It is not a Ninja Gaiden game. It doesn't feel like a NG game. They used all the things from the NG universe and slapped NG3 of the title and that's all. After watching some gameplay footage on YouTube, I saw the ending and it isn't even in character of Ryu Hayabusa. Ryu shouldn't care if he is a 'murderer' or not.
:gah:

NG3 is the worst thing that has EVER happened in the United States of America or anywhere in the world.

(Sorry for the lengthy reply. You don't have to read it, I was just venting).

Last edited:
No problem, lengthy replies mean you care.

But you hit on one thing I was actually wondering. Whether people haven't liked it because it's not nearly as good as NG1/2, or whether people haven't liked it simply because it's bad. It definitely sounds like the latter.

For me, I like NG1 much better. I liked the hell out of 2, but NG1 will always have the memories of "holy ____, this game is amazing, where did this come from" for me. Also, I thought 2's harder difficulties erred more on the cheap side. Both MN difficulties are brutal and punishing, but 2 felt artificially difficult.

Back onto the topic at hand. Still playing GTA4, but liking it much better. Quite frankly, the first few hours were really boring me. But once the missions get more serious, it really picks up.

I still hate the car physics/control in this game.

No problem, lengthy replies mean you care.

But you hit on one thing I was actually wondering. Whether people haven't liked it because it's not nearly as good as NG1/2, or whether people haven't liked it simply because it's bad. It definitely sounds like the latter.

For me, I like NG1 much better. I liked the hell out of 2, but NG1 will always have the memories of "holy ____, this game is amazing, where did this come from" for me. Also, I thought 2's harder difficulties erred more on the cheap side. Both MN difficulties are brutal and punishing, but 2 felt artificially difficult.

If you're never going to play NG3, go on YouTube and check out the ending. It is so uncharacteristic of Ryu it is sickening. It's a horrible game and I refuse to even think of it as the third in the series.

NG/NGB will always hold a special place in my heart. I've probably played that game and beat it over 100 times, no exaggeration. Loved the Hurricane Packs back in the original Ninja Gaiden, before the release of Black.

I actually placed 17th in the world on the Leaderboards for Very Hard difficulty in NGB. I played it for 3 days straight and quit smoking during those 3 days. All my scores in NGB (Normal, Hard, Very Hard) are top 50, with Master Ninja the exception but I am in the top 100. I'm also top 100 in NG2 once the fake scores are weeded out.

I agree about Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja being cheap. That fish boss in chapter 3 in the subway was so broken on Master Ninja I wanted to throw a baby.

I've actually got a bit of a bag log for once. I still haven't finished MW3 and I'm trying really hard to get through Uncharted 3 and GOW3. I'm actually getting the itch to play through Red Dead again so I may fire that up tonight.

If you're never going to play NG3, go on YouTube and check out the ending. It is so uncharacteristic of Ryu it is sickening. It's a horrible game and I refuse to even think of it as the third in the series.

NG/NGB will always hold a special place in my heart. I've probably played that game and beat it over 100 times, no exaggeration. Loved the Hurricane Packs back in the original Ninja Gaiden, before the release of Black.

I actually placed 17th in the world on the Leaderboards for Very Hard difficulty in NGB. I played it for 3 days straight and quit smoking during those 3 days. All my scores in NGB (Normal, Hard, Very Hard) are top 50, with Master Ninja the exception but I am in the top 100. I'm also top 100 in NG2 once the fake scores are weeded out.

I agree about Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja being cheap. That fish boss in chapter 3 in the subway was so broken on Master Ninja I wanted to throw a baby.

I was never one of the NG players who knew all the combos, and things like that. I was just good enough to make it through on the hardest difficulties whatever it took.

Did they ever do any sort of HD NG1/NGB for 360? If not, they really need to.

I was never one of the NG players who knew all the combos, and things like that. I was just good enough to make it through on the hardest difficulties whatever it took.

Did they ever do any sort of HD NG1/NGB for 360? If not, they really need to.

I was well rounded in NGB. If I was doing Karma runs for score, I would just chain UTs. Playing for fun I'd combo and play around a bit. I have the most fun playing on Very Hard. For me, it's just hard enough to be challenging with the perfect combination of being fun at the same time.

They do have NGB on Xbox Live Marketplace but it isn't HD or anything. For PS3 they released Ninja Gaiden Sigma which is sort of NGB HD.

They do have NGB on Xbox Live Marketplace but it isn't HD or anything. For PS3 they released Ninja Gaiden Sigma which is sort of NGB HD.

Is it at least widescreen? I've still got NGB, so there'd be no reason to get it if it'd still have the vertical black bars like all the other original XBox games.

Bought Dark Souls today. People aren't joking when they say it's difficult. Blocking is so hard. Might be my 360 controller but the left bumper button isn't very responsive.

Resident Evil 2 - Claire's version. Trying to collect all the bonus items again like machine gun, alternate costumes, Tofu & Hunk.

NGII - Story mode on MNM isn't too bad once you get to enjoy the wonders of MNM Mission mode or those trials in the MNM story mode. They go on for hours it seems. But I'd take any of that abuse over the abomination called Ninja Gaiden 3.

I've been up there on the leaderboards back in the day... haven't touched my Xbox in years though. I remember doing things like no life/ninpo upgrade or healing items runs.

NGII - Story mode on MNM isn't too bad once you get to enjoy the wonders of MNM Mission mode or those trials in the MNM story mode. They go on for hours it seems. But I'd take any of that abuse over the abomination called Ninja Gaiden 3.

I've been up there on the leaderboards back in the day... haven't touched my Xbox in years though. I remember doing things like no life/ninpo upgrade or healing items runs.

Mission mode is the reason I have 1150/1250. I'm at an age now where I want to have fun playing games, not throw a controller through a window. I have no desire to finish it. Master Ninja was aggravating enough with the IS spamming.

I think the Leaderboards have been taken down for NGB. I haven't checked them in a while and everytime I removed my Xbox Harddrive, I corrupted my data so there was no way for me to check the higher difficulties.

Back