What are you afraid of?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a ginger son or daughter...

darth_vader_nooo_7675.jpg

....:lol

I would love to have ginger kids(pretty sure i have the gene in me), would name my daughter Freya and son Eric or Magnus. :)

I am afraid of...

-Tornadoes, despite having never seen one IRL

-BIG ASS spiders. I'd die if I ever saw a huntsmen, despite them being toted as "harmless"

-Dolls. Porcelain dolls, old vintage dolls, "talking" dolls from bygone eras....just dolls. I hate how they try to look...humanish. It's too uncanny valley for me.

-Speaking of which, a ventriloquist dummy, would probably send me running were I ever to come across one.

-I am terrified of the prospect of somehow burning to death

-Also in this category, I am terrified of grotesque injuries and injured people in general.

-Creepy, paranormal creatures. Seriously, if I ever walked in a forest and came across Mothman, I'd probably die of 5 consecutive heart attacks.

Ah, you mean 'recently injured people.'

I'm picturing you running away at the sight of a paraplegic in a wheelchair or a one armed guy.

gleekevinmchale200.jpg

:horror :horror :panic::panic:

:lol

I hate it when it's the middle of the night and I'm woken up from my wood floors creaking. I know it's because of the temperature but it sounds just like someone is walking on them. Thankfully I now have a security system and that gives me some piece of mind.

I imagine if I was ever face to face with a wild animal (like a bear or mountain lion) or even a rattlesnake, I would probably be scared...but most creatures do not frighten me.

But are you really afraid of them or just grossed out by serious injuries?

Bliss is an interesting girl. She's scared of disfigurement too, but see the thing about her is she really, really researches the things that frighten her. She's like a tornado/paranormal/spider expert. She looks up youtube video after youtube video and I think when she says she's scared of injured people she means more like this unfortunate child born with harlequin syndrome than a paraplegic:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/aA245qvWjIw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/aA245qvWjIw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
I mean yes, you feel bad, absolutely horrible for this child (who is dead now) but it's also really creepy.

Well harlequin syndrome is pretty extreme though. *shudders*
One child born with it actually lived to the age of 19. He had a less severe form of it and a lot of operations done on him. He was truly a brave individual. If I wasn't so tired and ill right now I'd find the youtube video about him, it's very inspiring.

You're ill? :(

Yeah...I just need some rest. Think I need to sign out for the night. Thanks for keeping me company today, Maglor. :)

Oh, before I go, speaking of spoooooky stuff. Last time Bliss visited me we messed around with the Ouija board. We got quite a bit of activity and since she left I've had some strange occurrences in my house, such as wisps of smoke (when I don't smoke), strange noises that wake me up at or around the witching hour (3am), and this morning I was awakened by a knocking on one of the back bedroom doors. Nobody else was here and it was 5:36am. I got up and investigated the end of the hall to find an immense cold spot. Straaaaange. I'm not a believer in ghosts, per say, but this stuff is pretty cool even to a skeptic.

Oh, before I go, speaking of spoooooky stuff. Last time Bliss visited me we messed around with the Ouija board. We got quite a bit of activity and since she left I've had some strange occurrences in my house, such as wisps of smoke (when I don't smoke), strange noises that wake me up at or around the witching hour (3am), and this morning I was awakened by a knocking on one of the back bedroom doors. Nobody else was here and it was 5:36am. I got up and investigated the end of the hall to find an immense cold spot. Straaaaange. I'm not a believer in ghosts, per say, but this stuff is pretty cool even to a skeptic.

:panic: Yeah, I don't mess with that stuff...

Yeah...I just need some rest. Think I need to sign out for the night. Thanks for keeping me company today, Maglor. :)

You're welcome. Goodnight. :1-1:

Bliss is an interesting girl. She's scared of disfigurement too, but see the thing about her is she really, really researches the things that frighten her. She's like a tornado/paranormal/spider expert. She looks up youtube video after youtube video and I think when she says she's scared of injured people she means more like this unfortunate child born with harlequin syndrome than a paraplegic:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/aA245qvWjIw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/aA245qvWjIw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
I mean yes, you feel bad, absolutely horrible for this child (who is dead now) but it's also really creepy.

man..............nature is a mad scientist. So did they end up euthanizing or did the child die on its own? How is it that it looked like the child was crying, but we didnt hear anything? I would think that would be a extremely painful condition to be born in. I have never seen anything like that. Can only be thankful to be healthy and alive

Back