WGP's supernatural ROADTRIP 666- MR. CROWLEY?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's SUPERNATURAL 2012- Mischa, Jim, and Jared at printers!

SDABBS-that dean is looking so much better. Nice work.

(breathes a HUGE sigh of relief - ha ha ) Thanks man :)

Thanks. New painting techniques.

Care to share?

Sorry, but when I looked at that Dean, the first thing that "popped" into my mind was "Why are they showing a Stephen Lang sculpt in a Supernatural thread?"

Thanks for your continuing work Sean. The sculpt is much, much closer now. I personally still think it looks a tad emaciated, but overall I think the likeness is definitely there.

On the other subject, knucklefunger's new Dean is the Denny Kim version. I bought one from eBay a few months ago after agonizing a bit over spending $24 for shipping which is bloody ridiculous, and a) it is undersized and b) doesn't look like Dean. I've seen some masterful paint jobs on it, but strangely, the better the paint job, the less it looks like the guy it is supposed to be. I think it might be because the sculpt has two basic faults that a great paint job brings attention to: the eyes which are way too small and the hair line which is a shade too low.

Lovely work, Mr Dabbs. If you're ever in Birmingham, there's a pint with your name on it!

cool! So what is the current thinking on him at the moment - should he look a little more smooth so his bone structure is not so obvious?

Still possible to get on the list? Btw how much are these sculpts going for?

cool! So what is the current thinking on him at the moment - should he look a little more smooth so his bone structure is not so obvious?

Yeah, I agree. It's kind've the only thing I would tweak, as it now stands.

here is a 'softer' version of Dean (thanks for the feedback)

Capture6.jpg

Looks pretty good. Possible to do a mock paint-up in Photoshop?

Looks pretty good. Possible to do a mock paint-up in Photoshop?

Possible, yes, but Sean is juggling a lot of sculpting projects at once between heads, accessories, and working his daytime professional sculpting job so unfortunately doesn't have the time to do that. :monkey3

Possible, yes, but Sean is juggling a lot of sculpting projects at once between heads, accessories, and working his daytime professional sculpting job so unfortunately doesn't have the time to do that. :monkey3

Bummer...anyone else willing to help out here? :monkey1

dean.jpg

sorry I can't spend any more time on it - a real quickie, just a wrap around job

Last edited:

That looks good. Here is a comp. of the two for better comparision.
Capture61.jpg
[/IMG]

Those mock-ups are hilariously creepy!

I think the softened version is just about perfect. Flipping back and forth between the earlier one and this one, I can see the changes to the sculpt are pretty subtle, but the difference in the likeness is huge.

Sean, perfection really. You don't need to spend more time on it. 5 Stars

Sorry. I just don't see it. Maybe its the color of the sculpt? I don't know, I just don't see Ackles in there.

Back