Statue Weta The Hobbit - Kili

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had been exploring their website since ordering christopher johnson probably 2 years prior. could it have been when they first announced the first three, thorin, gandalf and bilbo, in the 1/6 hobbit line? then perhaps changed it by order date? could it have been a web blunder that was corrected and i saw the mistake? i do remember expecting the numbered edition. btw, the numbered pieces like bombur and kili have their shipping boxes marked like the open editions. maybe that made me expect a numbered piece. :dunno

I don't know Dark, maybe a web blunder and you caught it for those few seconds before being corrected or some little line in an announcement that was changed before ordering or maybe you, like I initially, expected them all to be limited and it just didn't end up that way.

I don't know Dark, maybe a web blunder and you caught it for those few seconds before being corrected or some little line in an announcement that was changed before ordering or maybe you, like I initially, expected them all to be limited and it just didn't end up that way.

anything is possible. ever get that feeling?...i could have sworn!!! but later it wasn't that way. i've got to stop with the purple drank already!!! :lol

The face seems just a little off. It still is a good statue but the head sculpt not as good as the previous 4 dwarves already released

With more pics coming through the likeness to Aiden is quite a way off it seems. The rest of the detailing may carry it though, I will just have to wait.

Mine arrived today, alongside Bofur. Sad to say he's my least favourite so far. The paint and the costume details are great, but his likeness is off, the arrow is crooked and his bowstring is loose. :(

Bofur, however, was excellent.

Photos of my dwarf Kili

2m3myhy.jpg

9h18ab.jpg

1zxsidj.jpg

of0e9w.jpg

2agnvw5.jpg

mhavb4.jpg

And a few pictures of the group of dwarves that I have so far and instead of exposure.

xkt7np.jpg

2rpvhqg.jpg

2u4stj4.jpg

Great shots! They all look great together. The likeness is really pretty darn good on this statue.

Great shots! They all look great together. The likeness is really pretty darn good on this statue.

On some angles it's better than others but it is not great in the face. The rest even the hair is awesome. The face on kili is not as good as the others made to date, fact.

On some angles it's better than others but it is not great in the face. The rest even the hair is awesome. The face on kili is not as good as the others made to date, fact.

Some angles I've seen its not as spot on as I'd like but as a whole it's a darn good likeness. IMO it's as good as a whole as the others that's just fine and dandy for me. :rock

Last edited:
Those 2 are good angles for me Josh and is how I will display him...I heard of Love can make you blind....but I never heard that Middle-Earth could make you blind before:lecture:wink1:

Glad you found angles you're pleased with. I think I'll go a little different route with mine. At least we will both be happy with out choices. :)

I dont think the likeness looks that bad, if the beard was darker especially the goatie that would definately help.

I think ill still get this down the road and paint the beard slightly darker

Beautiful shots Josh for an awesome statue! Thanks mate for sharing!:rock Mine arrived yesterday and looks great. Just a minor flaw with Kili's bow string not pulled taut; just a quick fix and it's now as it should be. :clap

Thanks! No problem. I love sharing my photos. :rock I'm glad the photos came out good and show how nice a statue this is. I wasn't sure if they would use real string or not. So I was a little surprised they did use real string but it adds a nice touch. Glad you like him and I'd suggest anyone whose a fan of the film to get him. You're going to get a really nice piece.

Back