Statue Weta The Hobbit - Kili

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardyakka_mate

Super Freak
Reaction score
Availability:
Shipping World Wide end July / early August 2013. Pre-order now and be first in line!
Dimensions:
9.3" x 9.1" x 5.9" (H x W x D)
23.5 cm x 23 cm x 15 cm
Weight:
3.4 lbs (1.5 kg)

https://www.wetanz.com/kili-the-dwarf/

hobbitkilialrg2.jpg

The likeness is really solid I agree. I had $120 weta dollars and knocked this down to $138 shipped.

That wouldn't shock me if he was at comic-con.

This has got to me my next dwarf buy! :D

That arrow sticking out worries me though. Could easily break.

I thought you might like this one Ween. :lol :rock

I bet it will be made of a pretty flexible plastic.

Edit: Despite knocking it down with Weta Dollars. I still ended up getting $19 in Weta Dollars for this order.

Just ordered him and Balin! I'll get Balin right away and then Kili next month. :D

I'll get caught up soon. :yess:

What I like most about Weta's style is the time from pre-order to your door. With SS you have a year wait, sometimes more. I much prefer this approach.

It does cut down on the wait time and for people who don't have the patience to wait. :lol

I thought you might like this one Ween. :lol :rock

I bet it will be made of a pretty flexible plastic.

Edit: Despite knocking it down with Weta Dollars. I still ended up getting $19 in Weta Dollars for this order.

Wow, that's a good deal Josh. You can never go wrong with the Weta dollars! :wink1: You get discount and reward at the same time.

Collectibles surely have come a long way since the SSW days. While SSW produced some really amazing statues in the past, I'm glad that I've become an avid collector at present because the statues in this Hobbit line have become exquisitely detailed which I'm really stoked about. :yess:

Yeah, I basically took it back to the price of statues during the SSW line. :rock Weta dollars are fantastic.

I love that the SSW line holds up so well but it is amazing how much the sculpting/paint has improved by both SS and Weta since then. This line if statues for The Hobbit is shaping up nicely.

I only have Thorin from this line, but wanted to pick up Kili and Fili if they eventually do him. Does anyone know anywhere in the UK that I could pre order this? I'd get it from Weta but not sure how much customs I'd get hit with once it reaches the UK. Anyone over here bought from Weta before? What's the service like?

This has got to me my next dwarf buy! :D

That arrow sticking out worries me though. Could easily break.

That's ok, it won't come in pieces because there's no cartoony, over-exaggerated flowing robes ;)

Meh...................

Oh shush! At least it's a new statue of a character that hasn't been done before! That's what you normally moan about, right?

I only have Thorin from this line, but wanted to pick up Kili and Fili if they eventually do him. Does anyone know anywhere in the UK that I could pre order this? I'd get it from Weta but not sure how much customs I'd get hit with once it reaches the UK. Anyone over here bought from Weta before? What's the service like?

They have a UK warehouse so you don't pay any custom, taxes, and shipping is quite cheap ;)

Plus as Josh says you earn Weta dollars which you can use to get a discount on any future orders.

This is now L/E of 1000....I think the rest of the dwarves will have the same ES and I'm glad

Last edited:
I saw that they added the ES. The rest will probably have it since Thorin, Balin, Dwalin are probably the three most popular.

They have a UK warehouse so you don't pay any custom, taxes, and shipping is quite cheap ;)

Plus as Josh says you earn Weta dollars which you can use to get a discount on any future orders.

Thanks for that. :)
Do you know if they charge straight away or when the order ships??

Thanks for that. :)
Do you know if they charge straight away or when the order ships??

They say they only charge when the item ships, but when you make a pre-order they hold the amount from your account for a day or two before releasing it back. It's only a pre-authorization, but it annoys me because i only have a debit card and can't really afford it to go off until i know it's shipping.

Back