Statue Weta Rivendell Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Review isn't up yet but here are a few more shots.

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

Excellent pics Josh thanks for sharing.:clap

Despite the issues really looking forward to this.:yess:

My take is that most of these are the same. I would bet all have that gap, issues with the long building, and the placement of the central belfry in the back. The fit on those buildings was just not tight. Some will be bothered, others less so. I have yet to see a piece posted that lacks these issues. I hope Weta calls China and correct this for the rest of the run. In this case, it may not be best to be first.

Either way I'm very very pleased with mine and honestly none of the things that show up in my pictures bother me. So I'm glad I'm first and got as low a # as I did.

My take is that most of these are the same. I would bet all have that gap, issues with the long building, and the placement of the central belfry in the back. The fit on those buildings was just not tight. Some will be bothered, others less so. I have yet to see a piece posted that lacks these issues. I hope Weta calls China and correct this for the rest of the run. In this case, it may not be best to be first.

Yeah, I'm starting to expect pretty much all of them to have much the same issue. It's just such a fine margin of error that it takes very little for a mm gap to show up.

It's a pitty really, since it mostly could have been prevented very easily. Where that building is sitting, the base part is clearly hollow, if only what it was sitting on was a few mm thicker, then a minor missalignment wouldn't result in a gap, if you can all see what I'm getting at.

Yeah, I'm starting to expect pretty much all of them to have much the same issue. It's just such a fine margin of error that it takes very little for a mm gap to show up.

It's a pitty really, since it mostly could have been prevented very easily. Where that building is sitting, the base part is clearly hollow, if only what it was sitting on was a few mm thicker, then a minor missalignment wouldn't result in a gap, if you can all see what I'm getting at.

The issue is the factory, there's no way this shouldn't be considered a production error and QC should pick it up. Everyone loves Weta, wants them to succeed and the environment line to continue. I think people are giving them a bit of a pass. The more pics I see the more unhappy I am with the back of the piece. That belfry tower is misaligned and I don't think this is a factory issue. It still looks awesome, but for me I think I can pick this up down the road for well below retail.

Last edited:
Great photos, Josh!! :clap

The issue is the factory, there's no way this shouldn't be considered a production error and QC should pick it up. Everyone loves Weta, wants them to succeed and the environment line to continue. I think people are giving them a bit of a pass. The more pics I see the more unhappy I am with the back of the piece. That belfry tower is misaligned and I don't think this is a factory issue. It still looks awesome, but for me I think I can pick this up down the road for well below retail.

That's my plan as well. Considering the fact that the numbered and open end versions are "exactly" the same, I'm in no rush to pick one up just yet. There's really no limited edition of the piece, per se. Just some that have a number painted on the bottom. Not enough to pay the exhorbitant price just yet. I'll wait just like I did with Bag End and get an amazing deal in the end.

Could somebody please tell me that I am not suppose to worry that I do not have mine? I thought this was arriving in late January? How do some here already have this piece?

First 60 of numbered run of 300 shipped in December for US buyers, 40 for NZ buyers. Don't worry.

First 60 of numbered run of 300 shipped in December for US buyers, 40 for NZ buyers. Don't worry.

Not the NZ, Aus one's as yet as was meant to be charged a few weeks ago. I can wait though with Chrissie and all and especially if they're giving them all the once over.

This new trend of having an art print as the exclusive is just not cutting it. Have to spend more money to frame if anyone really cares. No more stupid art prints please. And, this art print is not aesthetically pleasing, too bland and blocky.

Back