Statue Weta Rivendell Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be amazing! There is no size or dollar value that would prevent me from obtaining this environment.

This will be amazing! There is no size or dollar value that would prevent me from obtaining this environment.

Not even?

2ajp6oj.jpg

Please a Barad Dur by Weta and Ruin Pre Orthanc, I'm sure many people would be delighted with the performances, as Barad Dur weta not get to get into production.

No it's not, from the sound of things they are using the Stone Trolls base for this one, which is quite large. I agree with Daniel 100% on this one ...make it too small and you lose too much detail.

That said, I think Weta has already forewarned us concerning the price of this beauty with the statement :

"Firstly, it's insanely intricate, which demands a certain size in order for that detail to be done justice, but make it too big and it becomes more and more expensive. Make it too small and it becomes a question of whether it's even worth doing as all that detail becomes lost and indiscernible. The feedback from folks on the collecting forums seems to suggest that most collectors share our view that Rivendell is something special and that, given its iconic status and beauty on screen, the collectible deserves to be treated as something special too."

I think that's Weta's polite way of saying....."bend over and brace yourself, this is going to hurt a bit." :moon

haha, true
Just wondering does anybody actually know what materials they are going to manufacture this collectable out of?

I imagine it will be made from the same materials as all the others, polystone...just a bigger scale :dunno

It has been a long demanded enviro and WETA has always said it would be an intricate piece to do justice to and therefore shyed away from making as they knew it would run out expensive to those wanting it. Still, at least they are going to take the chance on what the collector wants and hope it's backed up by opening of wallets/purses when it's delivered. Here's still hoping for a Fellowship in PF form!! :wink1:

It has been a long demanded enviro and WETA has always said it would be an intricate piece to do justice to and therefore shyed away from making as they knew it would run out expensive to those wanting it. Still, at least they are going to take the chance on what the collector wants and hope it's backed up by opening of wallets/purses when it's delivered. Here's still hoping for a Fellowship in PF form!! :wink1:

Well said DaveMac, I agree on both counts.

Rivendell may very well be my first environment ever.

As my main collection are PFs, like you, I'm also hoping for the Fellowship in that line...how fantastic would that be? :banana :banana :banana

Bill

I've already created the space for this. I even had to increase the size of the space to make room for this. Has anyone else done that?

Just picked this up over at S&F. :yess:

Posted by rogar:

I got the scale used for the upcoming Rivendell environment, it was posted on Facebook directly by Weta!!!

It reads:
Dave measuring the model to start building and how to achieve the type of detail that represents Rivendell and more importantly, how it would be reproduced. As a matter of interest, the collectible patterns are 1/13th of the original studio model.

I believe we are not going to be able to get more exact than that...ever. This scale is being provided by Weta!!! Will be on the look out for older newsletters that could give a clue on what scale was used for other environments.

https://www.facebook.com/WetaWorkshop

Bill

Back