Statue Weta Rivendell Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do kinda hope it is no bigger than the cave trolls...

I do kinda hope it is no bigger than the cave trolls...

But it will need to be quite a big piece to get a good standard of detail Adolfo. It would be a big let down if Weta lost too much detail IMHO.
I know space is such a big issue for most of us, and a big piece could be hard to find a spot for.
However this piece could be really fantastic, if they get it right. But I think they will need it to be quite big to do it justice.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Bill

But it will need to be quite a big piece to get a good standard of detail Adolfo. It would be a big let down if Weta lost too much detail IMHO.
I know space is such a big issue for most of us, and a big piece could be hard to find a spot for.
However this piece could be really fantastic, if they get it right. But I think they will need it to be quite big to do it justice.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Bill

I do believe Weta can capture the detail in a Cave Troll size base...Looking at my other pieces ,,,I have no doubt...

I do believe Weta can capture the detail in a Cave Troll size base...Looking at my other pieces ,,,I have no doubt...

The stone troll base is the largest one Weta ever used. Weta tried to create this environment using that base and found it was not suitable for their purposes. If Weta thinks producing a base that is 2" longer and 1.6" wider than any base they've ever used before is best for the subject material, then I'm all for it.

I hope the next ones will be Galadrial and Celeborn's home Lothlorien...Cirith Ungol and Osgiliath...or Green Dragon...pardon if I mispelled any

Last edited:
Absolutely it is an environment!

Great collection of LOTR environments!

what is the one to the right of the Stone Trolls in the photo which looks like the upper half of a woman? I'm not familiar with that one. Is that Sideshow and/or Weta or some other company?

Great collection of LOTR environments!

what is the one to the right of the Stone Trolls in the photo which looks like the upper half of a woman? I'm not familiar with that one. Is that Sideshow and/or Weta or some other company?

That is the United Cutlery 1/5 scale statue of the woman holding the Shards of Narsil...it was in Rivendell...Borimir took the sword hilt from the statue dropped it and Aragorn put it back reverently...It to me looks like the Pieta by Michealangelo...It was cool...cheap and really contained the Shards of Narsil and fit well into the environments

That is the United Cutlery 1/5 scale statue of the woman holding the Shards of Narsil...it was in Rivendell...Borimir took the sword hilt from the statue dropped it and Aragorn put it back reverently...It to me looks like the Pieta by Michealangelo...It was cool...cheap and really contained the Shards of Narsil and fit well into the environments

thanks for the info, excellent, I remember now

If it is or if it is not, I am happy to have it. I wish they did many more like that and the price was fair.

RIVENDELL is a must. This looks to be the best of them all.

What do you think is the price point? I suspect about $500 or even more.

Oh yes it is!

Old Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins used to tell the story of how he once saw three arguing Trolls turned to stone by the light of the Sun. The younger Hobbits regarded this tall tale with some suspicion, until fleeing in the wilds from the Ringwraiths, they came upon the very same Trolls, still frozen in place and overgrown with weeds. The artisans at Weta Workshop have brought this tale to life in this to-scale environment. The piece measures 8 H x 10.5" H x 16" L and will make a perfect addition to any collection.

Here's the official description, it's not an environment. :monkey5

Old Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins used to tell the story of how he once saw three arguing Trolls turned to stone by the light of the Sun. The younger Hobbits regarded this tall tale with some suspicion, until fleeing in the wilds from the Ringwraiths, they came upon the very same Trolls, still frozen in place and overgrown with weeds. The artisans at Weta Workshop have brought this tale to life in this to-scale environment. The piece measures 8 H x 10.5" H x 16" L and will make a perfect addition to any collection.

Is it a character?...no...is it gear?...no...is it a plaque or a plate?...no...is it a place?....Yes...place= Environment!...If the trolls were still alive then no...It would be a statue of characters...They now are officially stone and part of the earth/environment!...made official by Gandalf and the Morning Sun

Last edited:
The artisans at Weta Workshop have brought this tale to life in this to-scale environment.5

Sorry Fritz, I think you will have to agree it's am environment.

Is it a character?...no...is it gear?...no...is it a plaque or a plate?...no...is it a place?....Yes...place= Environment!...If the trolls were still alive then no...It would be a statue of characters...They now are officially stone and part of the earth/environment!...made official by Gandalf and the Morning Sun
Yep, have to agree with that.

Don't think there will be any question about Rivendell being an environment.

Bill

Yeah, I believe this might have been the 1st clue that Frank was playing mind games with some of you guys.......:lol

Back