Statue Weta Rivendell Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weta quote: "However, once our talented model makers started crafting the tiny buildings, it became apparent we were going to need to bump them up a bit in scale to really capture the detail this miniature demanded."

I like the way they are thinking. We should be in for a real treat with this environment. :clap

Really looking forward to seeing the pics of its stage of development.

Great new so far! :yess:

Bill

Weta quote: "However, once our talented model makers started crafting the tiny buildings, it became apparent we were going to need to bump them up a bit in scale to really capture the detail this miniature demanded."

I like the way they are thinking. We should be in for a real treat with this environment. :clap

Really looking forward to seeing the pics of its stage of development.
Great new so far! :yess:

Bill

The Weta's environments are the only line of theirs I am actively collecting, or particularly care for, but I'm with you 100% on this one....it is going to be something special. :drool And I must admit, it is refreshing to see a company actively communicating with it's loyal fanbase....SS are you listening? :lecture

I've got several non-LOTR Weta stuff on pre-order that I will be canceling to save up for Rivendell. There's absolutely no way in hell I'm missing out on this environment.

These enviroments are awsome but I missed out on so many cause I never knew about them so I will prob pass. I was on wetas website but dident see the rivendale enviroment the prancing pony one was real nice but sold out. Congrats to whoever has these enviroments.

These enviroments are awsome but I missed out on so many cause I never knew about them so I will prob pass. I was on wetas website but dident see the rivendale enviroment the prancing pony one was real nice but sold out. Congrats to whoever has these enviroments.

The Rivendell isn't finished and up for order yet. Sometime during spring 2011, I guess. Follow this thread and I'm sure there will be lot of new posts when it's up for sale :)

Most of the environments sans Orthanc and The Argonath (and the Stone Trolls if you count that as an environment) can be easily found on ebay at reasonable prices for the most part. It's a good line to get into, and both the open and closed edition of Bag End can still be ordered directly from Weta.

Agreed with Elendil, AWESOME Enviro collection Adolfo. Nice to see you have the original Orthanc there too. Is that a spot reserved at the top for Rivendell? :rock

...and what abut the Prancing Pony? Where's that one gonna fit in? Might be time for another curio. :wink1:

P.S., did you mod the Helms Deep enviro? The colors seem to pop more. Any close-ups of that one?

Agreed with Elendil, AWESOME Enviro collection Adolfo. Nice to see you have the original Orthanc there too. Is that a spot reserved at the top for Rivendell? :rock

...and what abut the Prancing Pony? Where's that one gonna fit in? Might be time for another curio. :wink1:

P.S., did you mod the Helms Deep enviro? The colors seem to pop more. Any close-ups of that one?

Actually that spot is for the Prancing Pony...I have another shelf open beneath the Tower cities....so far plenty of room for Rivendell...and I never touched up any of these...see my thread My LOTR Collection...all in the same room....I will soon take close ups...soon

Last edited:
If it turns out anything like this I'll be well happy

rivendell5.jpg

may need a bigger base than the Stone Trolls one though.

I have been waiting for this environment forever. Can't wait to see some prototype images of it.

Bill

My God this will be to me without a doubt if it looks like that the most beautiful Environment ever!.....Without question!

Actually that spot is for the Prancing Pony...I have another shelf open beneath the Tower cities....so far plenty of room for Rivendell...and I never touched up any of these...see my thread My LOTR Collection...all in the same room....I will soon take close ups...soon

A-Ha, Prancing Pony goes up there...and a whole shelf reserved for Rivendell below the Tower cities...with the size of this thing, you're gonna need it! :wink1:

As for Rivendell, here's a quick photoshop comp I did earlier in the summer and posted on the Wetacollectors site using the Golden Hall base and the photo of the actual miniature above. Judging by the images the Weta team are using to make this thing, I don't think I was that far off! Just imagine it at 18" long by 12" deep by 7.5" tall!!! :yess:

4733399448_6345ab7239_z.jpg

Just have a look at the imagery the Weta team is working with to make this baby a reality!

5282651081_45e771df1d_z.jpg

5282651075_b8b27c827b_z.jpg

:hi5:

I haven't been collecting the environments, but I will have to splurge on this one. It is going to be gorgeous!

I haven't been collecting the environments, but I will have to splurge on this one. It is going to be gorgeous!

Yeah, I'm with you Seaward. I don't have any environments either, but Rivendell would be a must have for me too :clap ...funds allowing that is.

Bill

A-Ha, Prancing Pony goes up there...and a whole shelf reserved for Rivendell below the Tower cities...with the size of this thing, you're gonna need it! :wink1:

As for Rivendell, here's a quick photoshop comp I did earlier in the summer and posted on the Wetacollectors site using the Golden Hall base and the photo of the actual miniature above. Judging by the images the Weta team are using to make this thing, I don't think I was that far off! Just imagine it at 18" long by 12" deep by 7.5" tall!!! :yess:

4733399448_6345ab7239_z.jpg

Just have a look at the imagery the Weta team is working with to make this baby a reality!

5282651081_45e771df1d_z.jpg

5282651075_b8b27c827b_z.jpg

:hi5:

Pretty awesome to see essentially your photoshop on their desk, right?! :yess: :hi5: :clap

Back