WETA returns to LOTR 1:6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand if there's new work for them like the pacific rim,transformers and a lot of these marvel figures,there very actuel populair.
I can undersdtand,LOTR is for the hardcire fans,cause it's there allready so long.
But at least communicate,and let us know what's going to happen and what's going to be next or not.

Do or do not,there is no try.
Yoda saids.

I can understand if there's new work for them like the pacific rim,transformers and a lot of these marvel figures,there very actuel populair.
I can undersdtand,LOTR is for the hardcire fans,cause it's there allready so long.
But at least communicate,and let us know what's going to happen and what's going to be next or not.

Do or do not,there is no try.
Yoda saids.

But let's be real here. If they communicated their plans when they knew them sales would diver even lower than they are.

The source is straight from the horses mouth, as it were. For a company to respond to the backlash on a failed LSB line, failed 1/6 figure line, failed (apparently) PF line by stating they will address the failure to provide the 9 in these lines by committing to completing them in the maquette range is a very dangerous game. :peace

when sideshow discontinued the 1/6 LOTR line, they said they would revisit it again in the near future. then another sideshow rep said that had no plans on continuing it. the last update i heard was they don't have plans to revisit but they may just do so down the road. :dunno

i purchased all 7 figures in the line, all exclusive versions. they will always be an incomplete fellowship without gimli, merri and pippin. as a collector, i expected to finish at least the fellowship so what the horse speaks of now, may not be what the horse says later.

when sideshow discontinued the 1/6 LOTR line, they said they would revisit it again in the near future. then another sideshow rep said that had no plans on continuing it. the last update i heard was they don't have plans to revisit but they may just do so down the road. :dunno

i purchased all 7 figures in the line, all exclusive versions. they will always be an incomplete fellowship without gimli, merri and pippin. as a collector, i expected to finish at least the fellowship so what the horse speaks of now, may not be what the horse says later.

you didn't get Gimli?

Edit: oops, confusing 1:6 and maquette lines

Last edited:
you didn't get Gimli?

Edit: oops, confusing 1:6 and maquette lines

the 1/6 scale figures were done well. they ripped us by not finishing what they started.

product_image.php

aragorn1.jpg

Figure%20Sideshow%20FOTR%20Legolas%20Greenleaf%2012inch%20SSE.jpg

Weta TIM just announced over at Shadow & Flame that the FIRST new 1/6th statue will be announced this week!!

Great News...betting on Merry and Pippin!

I'm thinking it's gonna be one that wasn't done during the old SSW days....Faramir, Denethor, Eomer, or Eowyn. I'm also thinking that, IF they do Merry/Pippin to make us disappointed Fellowship collectors happy, it's gonna be a bit further down the line.

But then, what I think is probably useless since I've been so very wrong before. :)

My money is more on Faramir or Eomer, two fairly major characters that never got made. While Eomer at least had a 1/4 bust, Faramir missed out completely and hence would make a logical starting point.

My money is more on Faramir or Eomer, two fairly major characters that never got made. While Eomer at least had a 1/4 bust, Faramir missed out completely and hence would make a logical starting point.

My guess is Eomer on steed. Start the line off with a character that never got a statue and finally someone from Rohan on a horse.

I personally feel that they should ease into the line A LITTLE. Going with a mounted statue right off the bat may shy a few folks away with the expense of it. Eomer, sure, but perhaps Eomer at Helm's Deep or something.

My preference is a Merry/Pippin duo at Isengard, but it seems that these warrior types will win out.

I personally feel that they should ease into the line A LITTLE. Going with a mounted statue right off the bat may shy a few folks away with the expense of it. Eomer, sure, but perhaps Eomer at Helm's Deep or something.

My preference is a Merry/Pippin duo at Isengard, but it seems that these warrior types will win out.

If they do Eomer it will be on a horse. No point in doing him otherwise. He's winning the vote by a nice margin over at S&F. Faramir is second so if they go non mounted it would be him.

I don't expect they will revisit any characters for a while.

I don't own a single 1/6 statue (yet) so I hope they just start the line over. Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, etc. :lol

They will happen it just won't be to start.

Weta TIM just announced over at Shadow & Flame that the FIRST new 1/6th statue will be announced this week!!

Great News...betting on Merry and Pippin!

That would be hilarious and a two fingers up at Sideshow for the fans!

But Eomer is doing the best and i can't see it being anything else than Eomer on steed.

I think it'll be cheaper than Azog though. $400- $500 if it's not too early to guess a price on a statue not even announced yet :lol

From Daniel Falconer of Weta:

In another thread I recall seing folks were talking about poses. You guys are absolutely right in picking that Thorin's pose was designed with Azog in mind. It was actually Phillipa Boyens' direction that saw us choose that pose for him. We hadn't yet seen the film at that point but she said that the moment when Thorin confronts Azog again at the battle of the pines was her pick for the character. She told us to think of him raising his blade for Azog to see and staring him down as if to say, 'This is the blade that will take off your head, Orc.'

It was also a generic enough battle ready pose that we felt it would work for a variety of different shelf arrangements. Dwalin and Balin were posed with the notion that they might flank their cousin, facing down an enemy in their own way. Dwalin was originally going to be glaring, but it ended up being Peter himself who said, you have to have him roaring, and I'm so glad we made that last m,inute change. He looks bada$$!

The rest of the Dwarves we posed in family groups with a general battle-ready, just about to go into a fight attitude in mind that hopefully also permits a little of each character's personality to creep through as well. Bofur is smiling as he prepares to take his swing, with a James Nesbitt twinkle in his eye, while Gloin is barking a command or slur as he weighs his axe. Balin is a warrior, but hopefully he nonetheless retains that sense of poise and dignity even as he is about to wade into war.

There are a couple of exceptions where actor or director input saw us change the plan. Bombur is one. Originally we were going to have Bombur sitting down on a log, preparing a meal when he is suddenly startled by some danger. He was going to be spilling his ladle and knockling over his cooking pot in his haste to stand up, but Peter felt that this was too specific a pose for a moment that never happens in the films. It was he who suggested the sprinting pose, which turned out so well and which will make even more sense in time. It doesn't quite fit perfectly with the other Dwarves so far released, but I have seen some creative shelf arrangements in which Bombur appears to be getting his butt out of the way of the action about to go down. He is, after all, the collectible who brought a ladle to a sword fight! Hopefully when we have some more bad guys in the mix you will have more display options.

How AWESOME is it to hear of Peter Jackson and Philippa Boyens themselves giving direction to the statues that we own??

That is SO awesome!! :rock:rock:rock

And makes me NEED Dwalin and Balin! And maybe Bombur too! :lol

Back