WETA returns to LOTR 1:6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a second hand dump site here in the netherlands.
All this Weta stuff is very cheap for action now.
People wanna get rid of it.
The new Hobbit line and other lines like sideshow maquettes that's coming closer to likenes.
I never had Weta,except the ringwraight on steed.
The wraight is a little smaller than the maquette wraight,but when they are appart you wouldn't notice.

The SS maquettes are the only reason I started LOTR.
Now I added the GG bustes.
Maybe when I have a nice deal I go for the Thor,Balin,Dwalin weta.
Depence what me retailer can offer me.
They have bought to much,and now every fan allready has them,they don't sell very well.
No limited edition right?

I will put the link down.
Maybe you see anything you like.
Be aware prices are in euro's.
Your old gandalf is on it for 50€ that's $66

If u plan on collecting stuff from Weta I suggest you set up an account on their website. They have a EU warehouse so shipping is reasonable, prepare to be pleasantly surprised by the prices there.
Once I get my funds straightened out I know where I will be spending a huge portion of my collectible budget.

Frodoeyes posted something on Shadow and Flame that got me thinking. He talked about that happy feeling coming back after years of being away. I understand that thought because knowing Weta is going to be keeping 1:6th Lord of the Rings alive makes me happier than I can explain. I'm not ready for there to be no more 1:6th Lord of the Rings especially since it ended out of the blue in 2005. So Frodo I'm with you that its nice to have that feeling. :rock

Dare this be declared a Second Age of LOTR collecting? It would be nice for Weta to ramp up while the films provide the energy but continue the line for years after with a slowed pace to really explore the depths of the universe.

Dare this be declared a Second Age of LOTR collecting? It would be nice for Weta to ramp up while the films provide the energy but continue the line for years after with a slowed pace to really explore the depths of the universe.

Yeah, I'd say that's fair. I think this second age started when The Lord of the Rings 1:6 scale started back up with Sideshow, but I believe we're in a nice era of collecting Middle-earth. I agree I'd like to see Weta keep the pace of things going strong and then continue for years to come.

Last edited:
I made a promise to myself to not go full bore into LOTR as there was sooo much, almost overwhelmingly so. Baring RWOS which I just had to have, what Weta put out this year is so impressive that if Azog is an indicator of what the future holds I'm pretty enthusiastic. And I like the scale to boot. Not that what came out in previous years wasn't good, I just wasn't actively collecting middle earth stuff at the time.
Really looking forward to the next Hobbit installment.

One thing that I like about Weta getting back to LOTR is no gimmicks. If it's an open edition it's an open edition, and if it's a LTD edtion it's a LTD edition - no TBD. No regulars and exclusives = no BS.

Frodoeyes posted something on Shadow and Flame that got me thinking. He talked about that happy feeling coming back after years of being away. I understand that thought because knowing Weta is going to be keeping 1:6th Lord of the Rings alive makes me happier than I can explain. I'm not ready for there to be no more 1:6th Lord of the Rings especially since it ended out of the blue in 2005. So Frodo I'm with you that its nice to have that feeling. :rock

Yeah, i didn't get that feeling until just recently. SDCC helped a great deal, then with the news of Weta getting the LOTR line, and the endless possibilities that represents, along with their different scale ranges and environments..... just like the good ol days :)

Yeah, i didn't get that feeling until just recently. SDCC helped a great deal, then with the news of Weta getting the LOTR line, and the endless possibilities that represents, along with their different scale ranges and environments..... just like the good ol days :)

I understand. I'm with ya in that Weta doing Lord of the Rings again is exciting. They're going to do tons of great things and keep Middle-earth alive for quite some time. I love them, what they do, and what they create all in the process of keeping Middle-earth alive via The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. So for me a feeling that ca,e back a couple years ago gets to keep going.

We are not happy unless we balance out the positives with the negatives, and if there aint many negatives.....we'll think of something :lecture

It' the yin-yang way of the collector :lol

Back