Statue Weta Orthanc Black Tower of Isengard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Weta Orthanc Pre-Ruin Environment

Awesome pics Josh, you're great with the camera.

Thanks! :duff Lots of practice finding the best way for me to get good shots and asking friends like Rook (fellow freaks member) at comic-con the best way to get some good shots.

Why is he a jerk? It's no problem selling Orthanc with a little profit. And this money can be used for another poly he really likes. I don't think that's stupid, it's smart.

Okay so, have you found any flaws?
According to the pics the only possible 2 I find are the markings on top which seem to be abit overpainted on some parts. And probably the stairs which look a bit grooved.
And if you're hyper picky the date on the pin is wrong. :)

I don't have any issues. I personally think the whole thing is well done. Especially items like the top and stairs.

The date in the pin isn't wrong. That's when we placed our pre-orders.

True, I looked at my order again. Feels like I ordered it yesterday.

True, I looked at my order again. Feels like I ordered it yesterday.

It does feel like just yesterday. I think that's what's anticipation does when you're really looking forward to something.

Got it...I like it...It is not as shiny as earler Isengard

Wow, i can't believe how bigger the new one is to the original. If (when) they do Barad-Dur i reckon that will be *slightly* taller than the new Orthanc, so imagine displaying that next to the old Orthanc! :horror

Also, GREAT setup for your environments, and they're all in order of appearance in the films! Are those hooks really strong enough to hold the Stone Trolls and Rivendell? :horror

Great review Josh, the pics are great! Hopefully just one more week of waiting for me.

Thanks! I was happy with how the pics came out showing off just how nice this piece is. Hope you enjoy having it as much as I am.

Nice review and pics Josh :rock, having had the privilage of naming this beauty, will make it all the more special, should arrive sometime this week i hope.:yess:

Back