Statue Weta Orthanc Black Tower of Isengard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Weta Orthanc Pre-Ruin Environment

Nice review and pics Josh :rock, having had the privilage of naming this beauty, will make it all the more special, should arrive sometime this week i hope.:yess:

Thank ya sir! Congrats again and I hope you enjoy owning something you helped name. :rock

Wow, i can't believe how bigger the new one is to the original. If (when) they do Barad-Dur i reckon that will be *slightly* taller than the new Orthanc, so imagine displaying that next to the old Orthanc! :horror

Also, GREAT setup for your environments, and they're all in order of appearance in the films! Are those hooks really strong enough to hold the Stone Trolls and Rivendell? :horror

yes they are that strong

Got my tracking number, seems their EU warehouse started shipping today.

can i ask how much that dansbury mint minas tirth cost? :wave

My favourite place in middle earth :)

I paid 150 at the time...I have no clue what it is nowadays

Number 330 is home. Another brilliant piece from WETA, the amount of detail is absurd. I'll post some pics tomorrow evening. :clap

Orthanc arrived and I must say I'm completely disapointed.
My top of Orthanc is croocked like a banana, there's no way I'm gonna keep this thing...
Not to say, that the spikes are crooked in all different directions, too.

Got 2 loose trees with missing paint, too but thats not the problem.

That makes it 3 out of 3 items i bought directly from Weta having issues and 1 out of 5 for Sideshow.
Sideshow wins.

Last edited:

That sucks. :( Get a replacement so you can have a great version of this awesome item.

I think the problem is that the big spikes on top are made of some different material, they are kind of soft and not polystone. Polystone could probably break easier but this material easily deformes so I don't like it.

Josh, is the top platform with the engravings flat at your Orthanc? Cause mine is leaning to the left quiet a bit, it's far from even.

Yeah, flat as can be. Can you take some pics of yours? You've got me curious.

It is really difficult to make the picture look like in real.
Here you go, I tried it with some colored lines.
It may look right in the pic, even with the lines proving the opposite,
but in real you can see the difference alot.
It's only the top part of a pic I took, so the colored lines are definately right.

img3209jg.jpg

At least I was able to fix the spikes a bit, still not 100% but way better than before.

img3211p.jpg

Yeah, from the pic I'm not getting a sense it's leaning.The engraving looks great though.

If I'm not completely mistaken, I think in the first pic the red line should be exactly above the blue ones, if the tower would be straight.

Back