Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man are you guys all really young or something? At my age the credit card companies would let me charge a new car, and I don't even ask for the extra credit they just do it. I guess this is why I don't worry about these preauths. Anyway, the no NRD allows people to change their mind should something happen in life. Weta are reliable but SS can take a year to deliver product and who knows what can happen. Once again, at my age health problems are always on the back of my mind so I like Weta's approach. Incidentally, either they never charged me a preauth or it dropped off already. I ordered this 8/8. Maybe its a US bank vs foreign bank thing.

Well I'm not getting younger, but I don't have any real issues with the pre- authorizations. For those that only use their debt card I can understand completely, that also shows some discipline when it comes to expensive luxury items. It's just kind of Bizzare to me how long the pre-auth lingers, be it my bank in particular or like you said US vs. foreign bank.

Stick around long enough for Azog, :wink1:

Man are you guys all really young or something? At my age the credit card companies would let me charge a new car, and I don't even ask for the extra credit they just do it. I guess this is why I don't worry about these preauths. Anyway, the no NRD allows people to change their mind should something happen in life. Weta are reliable but SS can take a year to deliver product and who knows what can happen. Once again, at my age health problems are always on the back of my mind so I like Weta's approach. Incidentally, either they never charged me a preauth or it dropped off already. I ordered this 8/8. Maybe its a US bank vs foreign bank thing.

I'm 29 - 30 in November - and have never owned a credit card, and never been in debt.

Wonder if this is a generational thing then. Everyone got credit cards when I was in college. In the US you are only hurting yourself in the long run by not establishing a long credit history.

Wonder if this is a generational thing then. Everyone got credit cards when I was in college. In the US you are only hurting yourself in the long run by not establishing a long credit history.

I susupect it's more a specific upbring/situational type thing.

If by 'credit' card we are talking about the ability to spend money you don't actually have, then I'm in my early 40's and still have never owned a credit card. The only reason I got one of those debit type credit cards was to deal with ebay/paypal and the like and I was mid 30's before I did that.

To this day I've still never borrowed any money, not even one of those '500 days interest free' store purchases, so rather then having a long credit history, I suspect I have none.

Will this bite me later on, I have no idea, but for now, especially from a statue point of view and pre-authorizations, NRD, etc I don't care either way. I plan ahead and have money ready, so what happens, happens.

I susupect it's more a specific upbring/situational type thing.

If by 'credit' card we are talking about the ability to spend money you don't actually have, then I'm in my early 40's and still have never owned a credit card. The only reason I got one of those debit type credit cards was to deal with ebay/paypal and the like and I was mid 30's before I did that.

To this day I've still never borrowed any money, not even one of those '500 days interest free' store purchases, so rather then having a long credit history, I suspect I have none.

Will this bite me later on, I have no idea, but for now, especially from a statue point of view and pre-authorizations, NRD, etc I don't care either way. I plan ahead and have money ready, so what happens, happens.

:goodpost:

Well I can tell you that in the US financial system yes this will bite you later on. But given both of you guys lives outside the US I have no idea how this may work down the road. For example, if you don't establish a credit history in your early 20s (heck at 18 even) then it may be very tough to get a house loan when that time comes.

Yeah you need a good credit history to get loans for school, cars, houses, you name it. But you're right that you don't need a credit card persay to do so in the long run, but to get you started.

For example, I opened a credit card to pay for my Macbook Pro (which I had the cash for), and then paid the whole thing off ASAP within the first payment. Then I paid off my school loans ASAP, giving me a pretty good history. Now I borrowed 15K for my car, and am on top of payments, doing almost 4 times the required amount monthly.

Now, if I use my credit card to buy bananas or statues for sub 500 dollars, it really won't build my history. I need to do something like buy a better car or house or something. So, yeah you don't really want to deal with credit cards and bad habits, especially when it isn't really building anything ASSUMING you have a pretty good line. But it's a great way to begin proving your reliability.

To be honest, the "I never had a credit card because I don't need one" is not a great argument. It's better if you say something like "I have a credit card but I'm not an idiot, so I don't use it unless I am strategically trying to build my credit to have the reputation required to qualify for more **** later" is better. Control > I'm awesome cuz I don't even bother trying to control it, I just keep something out.

Wow, i'm amazed that people do this... i've never really thought about it much. I got a loan out once and had no problems getting it, paid it off in full and had no problems. That was of course before the financial situation we're now in.
Maybe it's more of a national thing.... people in the US do seem to splash out more on stuff and seem to be incredibly wealthy and live in bigger houses than people in the UK do - maybe because the system is set up to encourage spending on credit cards?
I think alot of people in the UK see credit cards as something of a quick fix that soon gets them in debt and unable to pay it off and get into lots of financial trouble later in life.

And that would be why our national debt is 14,000,000,000,000 dollars. For sure lots get into trouble with credit here. But we also have (or had) a bankruptcy system that makes it easy to discharge that debt. Sure you suffer some but people can really abuse the system and the card companies are all too happy to send you free card offers all the time.

I heard a report on NPR recently how people in the US have been paying their creditors on time and managing their debt better. Highest marks in the last 20 years. This could also mean there is less credit available. Establishing a responsible credit history earlier in life is a definite plus here in the states.

Last edited:
hobbitazogilrg3.jpg

hobbitazogjlrg2.jpg

hobbitazogblrg2.jpg

How bout that Azog... :yess:

That is such an awesome piece. Displaying it is going to be a major issue but its an issue I am looking forward to dealing with. :rock

It is one of the most impressive I've seen in these last years of Middle Earth, once it runs out this figure will be impossible to find a starting price, is going to revalue much.

That is such an awesome piece. Displaying it is going to be a major issue but its an issue I am looking forward to dealing with. :rock
my orders in and accepted..... broke my nothing smaller than 1/4 scale rule :panic: love that last pic above :clap

Back