Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad this has ES 500 and will sell out soon. Barad-Dur has ES 1000 but has yet to come close to selling out even though it it a great piece. Azog will be the grail piece especially when in hand pics come in and will cause this to become rarer and harder to find. I'm actually considering to order another one.

After spending 100's and in most cases 1000's of dollars on our collections, it's definitely something to think about. I do this more with items I get from SS, Weta and even BD not nearly as much as I'm more sure on my purchases. I think this has more to do with the product once I have it in hand. Aftermarket should prove to be interesting on this one.

I have no doubts on this one when it will come to secondary market prices...no doubts at all:lecture

They do a Pre-Auth to start and it will go away after a few days depending on your card carrier. Then you won't actually get charged until it ships.

They do a Pre-Auth to start and it will go away after a few days depending on your card carrier. Then you won't actually get charged until it ships.

So if I don't have that amount in my bank account at the time of ordering they cancel the order? Thanks for the reply btw :)

What will happen is you'll get hit with an overdraft charge for not having the proper amount in the account. So you'll have to make sure you have more than enough money in your account to avoid that. No problem. :duff

Hmm, still not sold out huh. I am kinda hoping there is still some stock left on the 1st so I can order one when my creditlimit resets, but if not that money will stay in my pocket.....:wink1:

i1c7.jpg

I'm thinking that Tauriel statue may have the same sort of internal structure as Azog.
Considering the way shes crouched on the tree branch, very dynamic.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Weta will release in the next year or two.
I think Azog has almost set a precedent with future releases.

IMHO sometime in 2014/2015 over $1000 easily on secondary market

Given that most ppl are looking at around $800 with the postage then unless the seller wants to take a loss, then it can't really sell for less.

Having said that, I'm not expecting many to show up on the secondary market, given that in most places, the second hand shipping cost of this will be massive and you can't go cheap, since given the base cost, you'll want insurance and sign on delivery.

I'm sure that after the fact, someone will end up really wanting it and pay top dollar to get it, but later sales will be few and far between.

She might but she does have the tree for a solid base. She was a stunning looking piece. Her character may get some heat from purists but I think she's going to be a great addition.

I look at it this way, when's the next time any LOTR story will be produced the way it is now? In my lifetime?
As long as it's done well I wont complain much if at all. I always have my books to go back to.
I would like to see a new animated one someday with everything that was left out of the live action. The 'ole Rankin & Bass is a classic, but it's dated. :lol

I look at it this way, when's the next time any LOTR story will be produced the way it is now? In my lifetime?
As long as it's done well I wont complain much if at all. I always have my books to go back to.
I would like to see a new animated one someday with everything that was left out of the live action. The 'ole Rankin & Bass is a classic, but it's dated. :lol

I don't expect we will ever see either story done this well. I'm pretty sure when they're done again they will be butchered beyond belief. There are things so far in every movie I don't care for but in the end it's like you said we have the books.

I don't expect we will ever see either story done this well. I'm pretty sure when they're done again they will be butchered beyond belief. There are things so far in every movie I don't care for but in the end it's like you said we have the books.

I keep telling people, when i become a successful writer i'll start doing TV show scripts and first on my list will be The Hobbit then LOTR, maybe as joint venture between the BBC and HBO, who by then will be able to finance such a story ;)
And mine shall be awesome and epic. And not butchered. ;) Tom Bombadil shall take up all of episode 2, with the barrow-wights, so anyone who doesn't care for him can just skip episode 2 and go straight to episode 3 ;)

I keep telling people, when i become a successful writer i'll start doing TV show scripts and first on my list will be The Hobbit then LOTR, maybe as joint venture between the BBC and HBO, who by then will be able to finance such a story ;)
And mine shall be awesome and epic. And not butchered. ;) Tom Bombadil shall take up all of episode 2, with the barrow-wights, so anyone who doesn't care for him can just skip episode 2 and go straight to episode 3 ;)

:slap :cuckoo:

Back