Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't say that they wouldn't do Azog, just that he'd be impractical to display at 1/4 scale if he's on his warg. They could easily do him by himself, but then the Weta piece would ABSOLUTELY trump it.

Goblin King in 1/4 scale? Will never happen.

A 30-33 inch goblin king will most definitely happen.

They done a 1/4 Sauron so I think goblin king is just as feasible

Don't know if it will definitely happen,but I wouldn't rule it out completely either...after all,SS themselves have all but confirmed their intentions of producing a Cave Troll PF,and he would be about same size as Goblin King if I'm not mistaken?

So yeah,it's not totally unthinkable...neither is Azog on Warg at 1/4 scale,huge and expensive as it may be,we could still see it :lecture

Do you think they would be able to sell 1000 Ugly fat Goblin Kings at $800. I don't think so. Maybe 350. I just don't see it happening

a character i wouldn't purchase is a goblin king. didn't like the character enough to warrant an $800-$900 statue. i'm not a noob to LOTR and hobbit collectibles, i just don't think he has enough following to warrant production, especially at a premium price.

+1, little interest in this character and I can't see them making him as he is more just plain disgusting than cool or menacing.

same here too, i don't plan to spend even $500 in the goblin king. I mean, he doesn't have a very big role in this movie and the way he died ... !

Moreover he is so less charismatic than a balrog, a cave troll or azog !

The Goblin King is a must have for me in the WETA range, he is a very important character in the book :lecture

On the death of the Goblin King, do Orcrist and Glamdring ever glow as Sting does? They should :dunno

On the death of the Goblin King, do Orcrist and Glamdring ever glow as Sting does? They should :dunno

Nope they never did. I was surprised because in the trailers it looked like Glamdring did for a second. They should both glow to match sting but Glamdring never did in The Lord of the Rings movies so it makes sense to match it.

Tomorrow will be a nervy time for a fair few people I suspect. I have the Conan Fury of the Beast on order but Flex made it so easy go for, this one though is a hell of a chunk to commit too even though it won't be due until early, 2014. I would rather cushion it with smallish payments from now until then. Self saving is only good if nothing of interest gets released between now and Azog! :panic:

Tomorrow will tell I suppose :dunno

Same here, Conan dio I flexed to make it at least seem easier :lol

I'll be hovering over Weta's site tomorrow. Even without a flex and their pre-auth ordering, if this hits in 2014 it'll still be doable for me. Using a CC for the pre-auth so I don't have to worry about locking up funds on debt.
Did the same for BD....

The opening pre-rush order 'fear' helps my left shoulder order devil override my right shoulder sense n patience angel.

I know if I don't go for it tomorrow I will struggle later to commit. Fickle I know, but I deep down want this bad boy n pooch :explode:

Has a Weta statue ever sold out in minutes? I just want to know what I might be in for.

Not that I recall. The price should help slow down some of the madness but having said all that I want my butt ready to order. Now, in the old SSW days you had some craziness with ordering.

I hear that. This was the most impressive item from SDCC for me so it's almost a no brianer, the cost is what makes me pause. But thankfully there was not a lot that l really wanted to order. At this point in my collecting l'd rather get pieces like this even at higher cost, but fewer orders.. That's what I tell myself. :lol

It was one of the most impressive pieces for me. I only half kid that I looked at it several times a day during comic-con. Weta nailed comic-con big time this year.

Yah they did, great looking items this year.
Makes it hard to not want to order some like Thranduil.
I can only wonder about Smaug....
I can definitely see my middle earth collection expanding.

I guarantee at least 100 sell that first day

Last edited:
Back