Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compare this massive piece to the 3 tiny Weta Fellowship pieces for $600 ..This now looks like a bargain to me...LOL:lol:clap

Last edited:
Does Weta hold the same policys as SS, in terms of Number of purchases from the same buyer?

Is it like SS where its 1 statue per person or can you buy multiple?

So you can get 2 and sell one on ebay to try and re-coup the cost?

Smaug! :yess:

Totally forgot about that beast!! :slap

Now that one will be a must-buy,I will just have to figure out a way to make that one work!!

Yeah, Smaug and rider statues from LOTR Weta, which i think will be cheaper because of the licence. Well, if i skip Azog and buy the smaller things from Weta, i could save up enough Weta dollars to take a large chunk off the cost of a rider statue that i want.

$700?????? :slap

it's like paying aftermarket price for retail. this goes above my $500 buying limit so i won't be buying. catering to the above echelon of collectors. those 500 should be around a long time, but not as long as the 1000 made of barad-dur. good luck weta, you're blowing your loyal and longtime collectors out of the water with this price.

Which is why Weta also offer pieces for collectors with a smaller disposable income.

not the subject, but certainly the quality and 'solidness' collectors look for.

look across the board at sideshow and see what you can get for between $400 and $700.

You really going for that comparison again? We've had that discussion about costs of licenses.

I'm thinking with an ES of 500 we might see a solo Azog down the road to make sure people get an Azog in their collections.

Yeah i think we'll see a 1/6 scale statue of that life-size Azog we saw at the show. Weta have done smaller statues of the other life-size models they've had - horin, Gandalf and the 3 trolls - so i'm sure they'll do another Azog. Especially as this one is only 500.

Yeah i think we'll see a 1/6 scale statue of that life-size Azog we saw at the show. Weta have done smaller statues of the other life-size models they've had - horin, Gandalf and the 3 trolls - so i'm sure they'll do another Azog. Especially as this one is only 500.

That would be cool and its something I might get. It was pretty cool to look at everyday. So I think you're on to something based after talking to folks at comic-con.

Compare this massive piece to the 3 tiny Weta Fellowship pieces for $600 ..This now looks like a bargain to me...LOL:lol:clap

another example of overpricing. and not even in a scale that most collect. i don't do miniatures.

I don't think this will sell out till the fall or Winter, but you never know. I will preorder it on Thurs just to cover myself. I don't want to buy it thru a retailer plus $105 weta dollars is very nice and will pay for almost all of The White Council Chamber Environment. Gots to do what I gots to do

I hope not because right now I just can't get this. :(

You really going for that comparison again? We've had that discussion about costs of licenses.

no one knows the cost of licensing weta pays but that's a good guess why the prices are huge. it still doesn't change the fact that weta's pieces are overpriced for what you get, whether the reason is licensing, artistry manhours or paying for peter jackson's golden baday. the market is highly competitive as many collectors like myself buy several different lines, licenses and formats from several different companies. one thing is for sure, i would buy a lot more from weta if their prices weren't out of skew. not because i don't have the disposable income, but because i never pay too much if it isn't worth the price. :lecture

no one knows the cost of licensing weta pays but that's a good guess why the prices are huge. it still doesn't change the fact that weta's pieces are overpriced for what you get, whether the reason is licensing, artistry manhours or paying for peter jackson's golden baday. the market is highly competitive as many collectors like myself buy several different lines, licenses and formats from several different companies. one thing is for sure, i would buy a lot more from weta if their prices weren't out of skew. not because i don't have the disposable income, but because i never pay too much if it isn't worth the price. :lecture

Thing to remember is they may not be what you're looking for but for many of us their items are worth the price. I'd love to pay less for Azog but he's worth the money.

Thing to remember is they may not be what you're looking for but for many of us their items are worth the price. I'd love to pay less for Azog but he's worth the money.

:lecture I'd soooo like to pay less.. :lol

With the way this is being engineered/produced is should come out looking pretty impressive. Size alone makes a big impact.
Due to space and cost I'm going to have to pass on Sauron (lamentably) but this along with the RWOS should at least gives some symmetry with my display.

2 riders either facing one another or back to back.

weta_the_hobbit_azog_the_defiler_on_warg_statue_111-500x333.jpg
FIG-KAI-4013.jpg

It's going to be a damn I pressure one. This Azog piece is just so massive. It looked bigger in some ways than what was listed.

i get the feeling like i'm dealing with a flipper on ebay paying these prices. i've been collecting SSW pieces since buying the LOTR gift packs with the argonath, gollum and minas tirith. statues at that time were $100-$175. i have watched prices skyrocket since and have to draw the line somewhere. i'm happy for the guys that wish to put as much in it as they are.

I am so in!!!

How do preorders work again? Does Weta charge an NRD or a cancellation fee? Do they do a waitlist if it sells out quickly? Anyone who buys this literally gets $105 toward another purchase?

I love Azog, love his warg, love this statue and the metal armature just screams "Kong." Awesome. :D

When you order on Monday you will get a Temp Auth of the total for Azog. It will set there for however long your card holds those things and then will go away. If it sells out they do have a sort of wait list option. If you're a gold member you get $105 and $69 if your a regular member. Either way its good towards another purchase down the road.

Thanks Josh! How do you become a gold member? (Insert Austin Powers joke here)

No problem. :duff You have to spend $500 in a 12 month period. Ordering this would instantly make you a gold member once it ships giving you 15% Weta Dollar return with each purchase.

No problem. :duff You have to spend $500 in a 12 month period. Ordering this would instantly make you a gold member once it ships giving you 15% Weta Dollar return with each purchase.

If this is the order that gets him to reach $500 for Gold Status this will only give him 10% Weta dollars ($70) on this piece. Any purchase after that would recieve the 15% rewards. Just letting you know

If this is the order that gets him to reach $500 for Gold Status this will only give him 10% Weta dollars ($70) on this piece. Any purchase after that would recieve the 15% rewards. Just letting you know

I know. I said that the post you quoted.

Thanks guys. I can NOT wait to have this beast. :rock

He'll actually look cool displayed with Thorin OR Bilbo.

QcbYYL2.jpg
images

No problem. He would look col with both if you did that. You guys are in for a great when you get this.

Back