Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think back then people were clamoring for anything ME which isn't so much the case now. We have much more to choose from. Plus people were predicting Rivendell would run 600-700 dollars so when it came in at 400 that helped keep people motivated. I doubt a helm would sell out so quickly if released right now.

I think back then people were clamoring for anything ME which isn't so much the case now. We have much more to choose from. Plus people were predicting Rivendell would run 600-700 dollars so when it came in at 400 that helped keep people motivated. I doubt a helm would sell out so quickly if released right now.

For $60 and ES 500, you bet it would be a quick sellout in a day or two

Yah they did, great looking items this year.
Makes it hard to not want to order some like Thranduil.
I can only wonder about Smaug....
I can definitely see my middle earth collection expanding.

Thranduil was so very impressive. It's going to be a must have piece after people see film 2.

The Rivendell (400) and Orthanc (300) numbered editions was sold out in two or three hours after the release...I can't say exactly how many time, but it was very very fast

Those did sell quick. I'm not sure this will sell as quick because its more expensive and Azog is a character people either love or hate.

The Rivendell (400) and Orthanc (300) numbered editions was sold out in two or three hours after the release...I can't say exactly how many time, but it was very very fast

Yes, but that could be because they came with something free or whatever. I can't remember what exactly.

Is this what will happen with Azog as well? I don't think they're going to make 500 of these and that's it.

Orthanc had a gold Eye of Sauron Pin and Rivendell a poster of the making procces. And both environments had an OE after the numbered one.
Azog is just 500...no gift, but not OE after that.
I don't know if it's going to sell fast or not...that's not my problem...the only important thing to me is that I'm going to get one tomorrow, becouse I love that statue. It's totally indiferent for me if the item is sold out or not. I have never sold an item I've bought (I started my collection 11 years ago) and the price it can get on the secondary market it's not important for me..

You know come to think about it I could see a 1/6 Dain on Wild Boar Statue getting made as a companion piece for this....I bet they go head to head at the Battle of the Five Armies:lecture:pray::clap

You know come to think about it I could see a 1/6 Dain on Wild Boar Statue getting made as a companion piece for this....I bet they go head to head at the Battle of the Five Armies:lecture:pray::clap

:goodpost::lectureIf they do make a 1/6 Dain with Boar charging at 2014 SDCC, the mad scaramble to acquire both pieces would be interesting to say the least!

Azog is big but Beorn even in human form is a mountain. Lots of potential.

I'm really looking forward to the second movie and what Weta put out this year keeps me optimistic for future releases.

Beorn is massive no doubt. Should make for an impressive character on screen and in statue form.

I here that. It's the movie I have most circled on my calendar. I expect Weta to continue to knock it out of the park.

Do you think they would be able to sell 1000 Ugly fat Goblin Kings at $800. I don't think so. Maybe 350. I just don't see it happening

no i agree, 1000 of them would be too many. 500 and i bet it would sell out quickly, not so much because people would love the fat king at 800$ but because there are so many collectors who buy on low es alone.

id love one though :lecture

Didnt really want to pay so much for Azog but i think im gonna have to take the plunge. 500 is pretty low especially for such an awesome statue. Plus with the $105 weta dollars back it helps cushion the blow

Back