Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is it'll be the first hollow Hobbit piece. I doubt it for some reason, but you never know.

I just know some of SSC's big figures are hollow. I remember Pitu getting a bad Hulk and they made him bust it up and he videoed it. It was hollow.

Last edited:
That seems to be the norm with a few companies, SS & BD I know for sure and for a while now. If this turns out like that it would be telling for what this hobby now is. I just hope that this doesn't feel hollow in my hand, I really think this looks fantastic.

Last edited:
From Weta's newsletter:

"The collectible everyone talked about at the Weta booth at Comic-Con was the spectacular Azog the Defiler on Warg.
This stunning piece of collectible sculpture is due to be launched next week.

This is an extremely challenging piece to make. More than 2 ft long (650mm) and 17 inches tall (450mm), our prototype weighs in at 30 lbs (13.5kg), it's likely to be about 35lbs (16 kg) when cast in polystone.

So both bigger and approx 11lbs (5kg) heavier than our Barad-dûr - Fortress of Sauron environment, each individual piece will take several days to mold, cast and paint. A strong steel 'skeleton' or armature concealed inside is needed to make this ultra-dynamic pose possible. It's the most challenging cast we've ever come up with.

More data and images to show its size will be available when we open for pre-orders.

Azog the Defiler on Warg will be in an edition size of only 500 - it is certain to become a very collectible piece and you will want to be in quick.

The price will be US$699 | EUR539 | NZ$999.99 (incl GST)."

'Nuff said! US$699:horror But I'll end up getting it anyway!:slap:rotfl:thud:

9366826377_69520d6c95_o.jpg

I am very offended by the terms 599, or even worse, 699 and ask that they are modded to either 'free' or '399 Max' :lecture

I do NOT like the feeling of my wallet trying to rip through my pocket lining to try and hide in the nearest crevace brought on by this kind of talk :mad:

:wink1:

It took me a while to understand what you were saying DaveMac. But finally....:lol:lol:lol

Well, my guess was a bit off, but then I really didn't expect it to be an ES of 500, so that explains the price.

Well, my guess was a bit off, but then I really didn't expect it to be an ES of 500, so that explains the price.

Yeah, the fact it's a run of 500 and the sheer complexity and size of it. I'm surprised the ES is so low for it but it's going to be really collectible.

I would so love to get this,but with the DROM and Sauron coming in such close-proximity of one another...I'm afraid I'm probably gonna have to bow-out of this one :(

Shame,because it's such a gorgeous piece of work,and at just 500 ES this thing is probably gonna be a nightmare to get hold of further down the line (for a sane price :wink1:)

There is just so much stuff coming out this year,on the one hand it's fantastic,but on the other I hate making sacrifices..

Does Weta hold the same policys as SS, in terms of Number of purchases from the same buyer?

Is it like SS where its 1 statue per person or can you buy multiple?

$699. Really massive and solid and heavy. L/E 500 ....told ya....when Barad-Dur was released it was a game changer in regards to Weta prices. I will preorder this late next week. This is a piece of art

Last edited:
This - and when Weta makes Smaug - could very well end up being the grail pieces. I'm in if possible. And you get a lot of Weta $$

And 16 kilos - shipping will be a *****. Thank god they ship from the UK.

This - and when Weta makes Smaug - could very well end up being the grail pieces.

Smaug! :yess:

Totally forgot about that beast!! :slap

Now that one will be a must-buy,I will just have to figure out a way to make that one work!!

You will get $105 Weta dollars back. I will used that towards a White Council Chamber that gets released around the same time...nice

For some reason or another I don't think it will sell out till fall or maybe till the next film. It is quite expensive, but make no mistake here it will sell out and will IMHO be an future expensive grail

I love everything about this statue except for the price. Looks like I'll just have to admire the pictures and buy the GG bust to represent this character. Congrats to all who are getting it! :clap

Back