Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking with an ES of 500 we might see a solo Azog down the road to make sure people get an Azog in their collections.

Dont count on it and if they did it, it would be at least a $349 piece because he's a big guy...

A wise and grey collecting wizard once said;

So, we come to it at last. The great battle of our time...and wallets !

Hold them back! Do not give in to fear! Stand to your posts! Order!

Now I know what turned his hair white :horror
:lol

This @$700 makes more sense than Barad-dur @$700

I'm just glad I don't feel the same way about the Hobbit as I do about LOTR otherwise my wallet would be empty :lol

Barad-dúr at $700 makes plenty of sense IMO. There is a lot of tiny tiny detail in it. On top of it being huge and an undertaking to make.

Dont count on it and if they did it, it would be at least a $349 piece because he's a big guy...

They may not but it was my understanding from Comic-Con if did well it could happen. Basically it would show there is a demand for the character which would give Weta a reason to do a single statue of him. We won't know for a while of course but I could very much see it happening.

$699 for this and Barad-dur compared to 3ft tall Sauron for $899 or DROM for $799...I will get all 4 pieces but for some I could see how dufficult the decision could be....especially if one loves the pieces and affordability is an issue:(:dunno:panic::gah:....Sauron and Azog to me are the two I would pick If I had to choose 2

Barad-dúr at $700 makes plenty of sense IMO. There is a lot of tiny tiny detail in it. On top of it being huge and an undertaking to make.

They may not but it was my understanding from Comic-Con if did well it could happen. Basically it would show there is a demand for the character which would give Weta a reason to do a single statue of him. We won't know for a while of course but I could very much see it happening.

If they do a 1/6 Azog just like the lifesized version with his mace up ready to strike with that stone base it would be 18 inches or taller...make it now a $399 piece...If they do it's still fine but nonetheless will still be Weta expensive:exactly::lecture:dunno

If they do a 1/6 Azog just like the lifesized version with his mace up ready to strike with that stone base it would be 18 inches or taller...make it now a $399 piece...If they do it's still fine but nonetheless will still be Weta expensive:exactly::lecture:dunno

Yeah, Azog was never going to be a cheap piece.

If they do make that Azog into a 1/6 piece, I'm gonna make a Thror head to go with it.:blissysmi

Now I'm actually thinking about the Goblin King, Smaug and Beorn and what Weta could throw out at us for those...Wont Shock me if Smaug is a $799 piece breaking the Barad-dur price...we wont see them for a while next year or 2015 at least, but they are coming, plus Weta now producing maybe Rider/Steed pieces and other LOTR items...EXPENSIVE TIMES AHEAD!

Last edited:
Smaug I think will depend on the pose. If they go with something elaborate then I could see him being very expensive. I expect beorn and the goblin king being around $500-550 because of their size.

I will be furious if this sells out before I preorder it on Thurs...:exactly::lecture:gah::panic::impatient:

This will not sell out for a very long time, you can quote me on that.

I think you are correct. At this price and no flex pay, it leaves a lot of us out. I think they price pointed this one to high. What may save it, is the construction process. I am intrigued by that internal skeleton.

This will not sell out for a very long time, you can quote me on that.

How long are you thinking? 500 is not a lot when there are retailers offering flex/ layaways etc that might go for a few pieces each along with the die hard with deep pockets etc.

Would love to see those who really want this piece get it or at least have time for a decent shot at it (me included :pray: )

$699 for this and Barad-dur compared to 3ft tall Sauron for $899 or DROM for $799...I will get all 4 pieces but for some I could see how dufficult the decision could be....especially if one loves the pieces and affordability is an issue:(:dunno:panic::gah:....Sauron and Azog to me are the two I would pick If I had to choose 2

barad-dur is overpriced by at least $200. sauron is huge but $900? :slap
i've got two of the original sauron, one that has never been displayed. that will have to do for me. and the dark rider is at least $200 overpriced so i won't be getting that. i settled for the latest ss ring wraith statue and i have a ssw morgul lord, ring wraith bust and steed bust so my collection has no shortage of darkness.

Don't want to go off topic, I understand your logic but Orthanc is just as detailed albeit smaller. Barad-dur costing twice as much is fine, but 2.5x is IMO a little high.

Anyways, ATDOW looks to be a great piece. Congrats to all those who manage to order one.

Orthanc pre ruin was my first environment purchased directly from Weta, very nice and I prefer it with the green all over the base over the original. BD again was very pricey but turned out great so i have no complains. I wasnt expecting the price on this to be this high but with the skeletal structure and such a dynamic sculpt I'll try to get it. I still like a solid piece when it comes to statuary and with 500 I don't think it'll be around for all that long but we'll see...

My problem isn't the price of this but the size. 2 feet long? Ouch!

Last edited:
I don't think this will sell out till the fall or Winter, but you never know. I will preorder it on Thurs just to cover myself. I don't want to buy it thru a retailer plus $105 weta dollars is very nice and will pay for almost all of The White Council Chamber Environment. Gots to do what I gots to do

Last edited:
Back