Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Weta hold the same policys as SS, in terms of Number of purchases from the same buyer?

Is it like SS where its 1 statue per person or can you buy multiple?

I believe you can order multiple unlike sideshow. I know of a few folks that did it for Argonath, Prancing Pony and Ur General Helm all L/E of 500. I would love to own 2 of these myself

The box has to be freakin huge for this. Size and weight will make it pricey to ship I imagine too

It's a little premature but grats to whomever acquires this magnificent piece of art

$700?????? :slap

it's like paying aftermarket price for retail. this goes above my $500 buying limit so i won't be buying. catering to the above echelon of collectors. those 500 should be around a long time, but not as long as the 1000 made of barad-dur. good luck weta, you're blowing your loyal and longtime collectors out of the water with this price.

Does Weta hold the same policys as SS, in terms of Number of purchases from the same buyer?

Is it like SS where its 1 statue per person or can you buy multiple?

@ $700, they wouldn't want too many sold to one person. :lol

if they happen to put a limit on it for some reason, you can always buy one from SS, Weta, BBTS, the hobbit shop, or a number of other retailers.

Well, my guess was a bit off, but then I really didn't expect it to be an ES of 500, so that explains the price.

Yeah, I figured the ES would at least be 1000. Which would have lowered the price a fair bit. I'll be ordering him none the less.

Daaaaaang $700....

I still want it, liked this more than anything at the con.
Q1 next year may be doable.

Glad to hear its nice and solid, with a size to match the price. Ed size seem not to bad either.

Putting a steel armature inside of it is raising the cost as well. I figured they might do that with the pose. He's gonna need the support with the amount of action/flow in the piece.

Last edited:
Daaaaaang $700....

I still want it, liked this more than anything at the con.
Q1 next year may be doable.

Glad to hear its nice and solid, with a size to match the price. Ed size seem not to bad either.

Knew it would be. Weta has never let us down in regards to the weight and solidness of a piece. I gotta wait till I get paid next Thurs to preorder it otherwise the debt card might not take like so many others in the past when Barad-Dur was preordered. They do charge for this temporarily. So have that money in the account if using a debt card

Yes, good point. I can only wonder what SS prices would be like if they did the same. Then again I haven't seen anything like this from SS.....

not the subject, but certainly the quality and 'solidness' collectors look for.

look across the board at sideshow and see what you can get for between $400 and $700.

I'm thinking with an ES of 500 we might see a solo Azog down the road to make sure people get an Azog in their collections.

This @$700 makes more sense than Barad-dur @$700

I'm just glad I don't feel the same way about the Hobbit as I do about LOTR otherwise my wallet would be empty :lol

This Azog,Thranduil,Tauriel and Radagast are the must get guys...Dwarves havent sold out(even the 1000 es guys)...All O/Es I will not preorder unless in stock, even then no rush because they are OE

Back