Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! That looks great. I think I need to sell my Danbuy Mint Barad-Dur statue while I can still get some $$$ for it :(

It is looks more than height from 55 cm, (Isengard-Orthanc 43 cm...)

100_3155.jpg

100_3157.jpg

The base is ridiculously big but it does blow all the other environments out of the water. I don't think that extra area was necessary, they could have made it smaller. Looking forward to this one that's for sure.

The base is ridiculously big but it does blow all the other environments out of the water. I don't think that extra area was necessary, they could have made it smaller. Looking forward to this one that's for sure.

I think the reason for the extra thick base is so that it looks more "in scale" with isengard.

i want the eye...still holding out hope the ex will be the eye.
Agreed, without the eye it looks like Sauron's already been vanquished. I understand the reasons why some would prefer it without (but again, easy fix by making it removable), but I still think a credible eye could've been fabricated out of glass. Certainly I've seen no less complicated glasswork that in no way would've cheapened the statue (accepting some compromises... obviously no static object will perfectly capture the flow of the eye in the movies). I get the eye of Sauron app idea, but honestly, how satisfying is it to view Barud-Dur through a smudgy, tiny iPhone window? It's somewhat pointless, IMO, and a bit of a dodge to avoid the manufacturing of an eye that would've matched the quality of the tower.

That aside, beautiful and imposing piece. The eye is just a big sticking point for me but if I were to get one piece to represent LOTR, it would probably be this.

Last edited:
Do we know for certain that there will not be an (removable) eye included, at least as an exclusive? I hope there will be one because I agree that Barad-dûr looks somewhat naked without it. I'm sure that they can come up with something that looks good.

That said, I'm buying it either way.

I had the DM piece and it turned me off of the idea of having an eye. If it did include an eye accessory, I don't think that I'd display it.

:lol A teeny weenie Sauron stood on one of the balconies! No bigger than a pinhead.

:lol

The cool part is, when they originally designed the tower for the movies, Weta actually did build Sauron a balcony at the very top of the tower (just beneath the horns)!

I'm really hoping that's included on this statue. If it is, it's just another of the dozens and dozens of jaw-dropping, microscopic details on this statue that I can't wait to pore over with a magnifying glass!

Back