Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think weta is going to announce/introduce this piece of greatness at comic-con?

I got the sense this was still earlier in development. The announcement implied to me a "making of" series of posts was forthcoming but I didn't read it too closely.

Weta have already announced that it's done and will be on display at Comic-Con.

I have just receiced an email with a small preview from WB stating that "Barad-dûr – Fortress of Sauron, Weta's most elaborate collectible environment yet will be revealed at the San Diego Comic Convention in July."

Just got the WB newsletter and there's a little sneak peek of Barad-Dur in it!

BaradDur.jpg

The headline below the image: "Barad-dûr – Fortress of Sauron, Weta's most elaborate collectible environment yet will be revealed at the San Diego Comic Convention in July. Plus, read about Weta's collectibles for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey!"

(When you click on the photo, it just brings you to the announcement that Weta will be making merch for The Hobbit, though. No more pics of the tower.)

But that settles the question of whether we'll see this bad boy revealed at SDCC!

:clap:clap:clap

Last edited:
Oh cool, I thought they were doing a whole "making of" tease for this piece.

That's what I thought, too. Like with Rivendell, I got the impression that the idea was to do a couple more updates before the reveal.

But maybe the schedule has been messed up by ComiCon preparations? Maybe we'll see the making-of posts after the ComiCon reveal? Or maybe they'll get them in over the next two weeks?

Either way, I think this is looking fabulous so far! :clap:clap:clap

This...I will have. :devil I am also in the process of ordering Weta's newer version of Orthanc. :orthanc Both of these side by side should look absolutely stunning. I must say this will be one heck of a year for Lord of the Rings fans like myself. I am glad I decided to jump into the LOTR line when I did...just the thought of having to order all these amazing LOTR Sculpts and pieces on EBay and just trying to find all this beautiful stuff for decent prices would just make me want to take an axe to the head. :duh

Back