We know the site is slow... re: Newsletter!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to the site and the Newsletter site but the NL isn't up yet. :monkey1

EDIT: and now the regular site doesn't work again. :(

The sites fine for me:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

But no newsletter, it just goes to the old newsletter page

What's interesting is that I've had the newsletter page up the whole time... I wonder if it is not on the same server, or doesn't use the database?

Got it, found the problem...

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
Error occurred. Please contact MAS support at [email protected] at /usr/home/sites/www.sideshowtoy.com/heavymetal/commonlib/var_funcs.pm line 602.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Someone call these guys.

What's interesting is that I've had the newsletter page up the whole time... I wonder if it is not on the same server, or doesn't use the database?

I would guess that its on a different database, the old site was on one and the new one is on a second one.

I think I'm going to submit this in the "report a bug" link, once its up

:lol yeah, not looking forward to all the customer service emails either... ah, growing pains are so fun!

Look at it this way, at least you guys are in on it at the beginning and can always look back at it as a 'bonding experience' :chew

:lol yeah, not looking forward to all the customer service emails either... ah, growing pains are so fun!

Look at it this way, at least you guys are in on it at the beginning and can always look back at it as a 'bonding experience' :chew

I would rather be back in bed :lol

Kinda like the ordering of Sith Anakin :eek:

THEY NEED TO HAVE A BACKUP SERVER READY IN SUCH AN EVENT.......LOOKS LIKE THE MYSQL DATABASE CRASHED.........THATS WHY WE WHO WORK IN THE FIELD OF I.T. HAVE BACKUPS READY...

I don't think the fix is as easy as tweaking a couple lines of code, guys. It's probably a capacity-planning issue. Most likely, the new software/infrastructure just can't handle the load. mySQL always scares me, although I've heard it's grown in leaps and bounds.

Newsletter is probably hosted on a separate server. URLs are different anyway.

Perhaps we should kidnap Leonard Nimoy

spocksbrain.jpg

Back