Asmus Toys 2019 pre-views

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn't seen this thread! So cool to see those figures in development. I'm definitely in for Gandalf and Galadriel. I'd happily buy the others too, specially Elrond and Theoden, but I'll need a bit of rest for my wallet. The slow paperwork for license is actually welcome for me! :p

In the picture in the first post, it looks like GTW has sculpted hair. In the new post on Facebook, it looks rooted. Someone help me out here. What do you see here?
61469274_10156049858926968_1414271823641575424_n.jpg

In the picture in the first post, it looks like GTW has sculpted hair. In the new post on Facebook, it looks rooted. Someone help me out here. What do you see here?

The picture is exactly the same, except that GtW is blurred, I guess because of license approval pending. That said, it looks like sculpted on top with rooted strands below, just like Arwen. If so, I like it.

The picture is exactly the same, except that GtW is blurred, I guess because of license approval pending. That said, it looks like sculpted on top with rooted strands below, just like Arwen. If so, I like it.

That's exactly what I was thinking, same picture, but somehow it now looks like lower portion is rooted, even if blurred for some reason.

View attachment 455405

I’m seeing mixed - sculpted on top and rooted on bottom as well. I think it worked pretty well for Arwen, personally.

I am hoping they can get smaller waves for Galadriel’s hair - it’s more screen accurate.65F4ECA0-825B-4B80-9B21-861222C4BCF2.jpeg

I’m also hoping the stand she’s on is an indication that it’ll be a LotR Galadriel, not Hobbit. I love her outfits in every movie, but it would be sweet if this came with her mirror and pitcher thing from Fellowship as accessories.

I’m seeing mixed - sculpted on top and rooted on bottom as well. I think it worked pretty well for Arwen, personally.

I’m also hoping the stand she’s on is an indication that it’ll be a LotR Galadriel, not Hobbit. I love her outfits in every movie, but it would be sweet if this came with her mirror and pitcher thing from Fellowship as accessories.

Like the Toybiz version?

I am hoping they can get smaller waves for Galadriel’s hair - it’s more screen accurate.View attachment 455448

Well, I'm gonna try the loose wet braid technique on one of my Thorins and on a Black Widow - e.g. make a bunch of loose braids and let dry. That seems to produce a "ripple" effect in the hair. Got some tiny rubber bands at the dollar store. I don't mind messing with hair.

Suspect the top tier customizers will go to work on these figs anyway w. Tibetan lamb etc.

I wish she did have the Dol Guldur white dress as loved that. But am good with LOTR look.

I see Asmus is attending this weekend's Wonderfest in Shanghai, hope to see some pics of the figures.

If they have not sorted out the renewal of the property they wont be able to show anything further.

Hoping that gets sorted soon. At least in time for SDCC next month... hoping to see all of these in the Diamond Select booth this year.

If they have not sorted out the renewal of the property they wont be able to show anything further.

Hoping that gets sorted soon. At least in time for SDCC next month... hoping to see all of these in the Diamond Select booth this year.

They said in their first post for Theoden that it was sorted. It’s just a matter of waiting now.

Back