WB Announces 60's Batman TV License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrong thread, fella!
you-cant-handle-the-truth.gif

Mattel is _______ but makes a lot more sense.

Unfortunately true.if they get figure rights HOPEFULLY we'll get a series of great $15 six inch tall figures..BUT without a DVD release kids these days will not know what the heck they are......

I could see Mattel doing the 12" like the Ghostbusters and Superman. Probably Batman, Robin and Joker and Catwoman and that would be it (all simple Mattel level outfits).

I think I'm the only one on the forum that doesn't get a boner over the show but I know you guys have been dying for this stuff so good for you.

BATMAN was a world wide phenom in '66 and put him on the map.....paved the way for everything live action superhero since...........in a way

BATMAN was a world wide phenom in '66 and put him on the map.....paved the way for everything live action superhero since...........in a way

The show really did as much harm as it did good.

It took years before comics could get any respect back. People just associated Batman, and comics in general, as goofy, childish nonsense that you quickly outgrew. Even the Reeve movie ended up with a Lex Luthor that seemed straight out of Adam West's world.

Ummm Some of you guys do know that this announcement doesn't mean that Hot Toys will be doing anything with this Batman, Right. This was a WB announcement, Not a Hot Toys announcement.

Some of you seem to be celebrating a bit early. :eek:

It took years before comics could get any respect back. People just associated Batman, and comics in general, as goofy, childish nonsense that you quickly outgrew.

Indeed, when Burton announced Keaton, the backlash was enormous for this reason -- you're not seriously doing another campy Batman, are you?

It took years before comics could get any respect back. People just associated Batman, and comics in general, as goofy, childish nonsense that you quickly outgrew. Even the Reeve movie ended up with a Lex Luthor that seemed straight out of Adam West's world.

Yeah but it's still a kick to watch....first season was far superior and had a much more serious tone than the last two seasons which many were unwatchable dribble....:slap

Ummm Some of you guys do know that this announcement doesn't mean that Hot Toys will be doing anything with this Batman, Right. This was a WB announcement, Not a Hot Toys announcement.

Some of you seem to be celebrating a bit early. :eek:

Yeah I doubt HT has much interest.........

I would wager money on Mattel getting on this before HT.

But hey, I got the Mattel Ghostbusters and Lex from their Superman line. Maybe the cartoonish nature of Mattel will suit the show?

Back